Glock 26 or 27

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is not that much more recoil with the G27 than the G26. If if you want to limit your ammo stash, the 26 would ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Glock 26 or 27

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    There is not that much more recoil with the G27 than the G26. If if you want to limit your ammo stash, the 26 would be a good choice. Frankly I have no problem with either and both are amazingly accurite for such a small firearm.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Or if you got the 27, you could do a barrel swap and have .357 sig, which I feel, through extensive reading is a better caliber.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Glock 26 or 27

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Of course, if you have the means, price of .40 cal vs 9mm isn't a factor.
    But even if you have the means, spending the same $$$, you would shoot more with a 9 than a .40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've shot the G26, G27 and G30. They are all good guns. I personaly carry the G27 daily. The recoil isn't much different than the G26 to me. Whichever you get spend the time practicing and you should have a fine weapon that you can trust.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    They are about identical in size, 9mm defense ammo (even +P+ if you like) in this day and age are very effective already ... if you need power then you should just go with .357 Sig.
    There. I fixed it for ya.

I have both the 26 and 27 and prefer the 27. I like the extra punch associated with the 40, needed or not. I don't see any difference in shoot ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    when you're looking at guns to be used primarily as defensive weapons and you're not someone with a large collection, there are huge advantages to picking same caliber guns, particularly with the Glock platform. Being able to stock one caliber lets you get a reasonable amount of ammo more easily. Being able to use the same magazines means less investment is required to have two guns that are able to be used in bad situations. Making your first two handguns the compact and subcompact Glocks of the same caliber is a great idea. I wish I'd have done that instead of waiting so long to make it work for me.
    This really sums it up for myself...I have the Gen 3 in both the G19 and G26. They are my EDC, "go to" weapons. Common caliber in 9mm, ammo less costly and more available which encourages me to train more, interchangeable mags from G19 to the G26 in a worse than imaginable scenario... Train with both weapons and when you are satisfied that you have expended all of your resources in obtaining all of the training you need, and your preparation for self defense/SHTF scenarios are at a maximum readiness line, THEN and only then would I be seeking additional weapons in additional calibers to "play" with...The 9mm is more than sufficient to stop a threat providing you have maximized YOUR abilities with your weapons...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Senior Moderator
    Is it too late to vote for the G26?

Maybe I'm just a huge wimp but my hand hurts already thinkingof shooting 40s&w through that small of a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    If you had a G23 I would advise you to go with a G27. Being you are already vested in 9mm get the G26. One of the biggest advantages to the G26 is being able to use 9mm mags from your primary gun in your BUG if things go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    This right here.
    I often carry a 26. Spare nag is a 15 rounder with the spacer on it. Also, the 10 round mag in the gun has the extender for an extra round, and the extra grip.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    If you had a G23 I would advise you to go with a G27. Being you are already vested in 9mm get the G26. One of the biggest advantages to the G26 is being able to use 9mm mags from your primary gun in your BUG if things go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Is it too late to vote for the G26?

Maybe I'm just a huge wimp but my hand hurts already thinkingof shooting 40s&w through that small of a firearm.
    I've shot a .40 sub compact. It's not fun.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    I've shot a .40 sub compact. It's not fun.
    I have 1911's for "fun" shooting. My G27 is for those "not fun" situations.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I have 1911's for "fun" shooting. My G27 is for those "not fun" situations.
    You got that right. They are for keeping someone off of you! Like you, I have plenty other toys to keep exercised.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links