Glock 26 or 27

Glock 26 or 27

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 19 & am planning on buying either a Glock 26 or 27. Live in CA so it will be a Gen3. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Glock 26 or 27

Glock 26 or 27

I have a Glock 19 & am planning on buying either a Glock 26 or 27. Live in CA so it will be a Gen3. The 26 has the advantage of being 9mm so don't need 2 types of ammo. The 27 40cal looks interesting to me though. What are others' experiences that they can share for helping me with my decision?

I have the 27, I always liked it very much.Some people complain about recoil being to much but I like it. However I never shot the G 26 so I dont know I may like the 26 better.. I believe that you can change the Glock 27 and convert it to a Glock 26 by getting a 9mm barrel and mags, but you cant do it the other way around, I dont believe you can shoot .40 out of the 26.. Im no expert so make sure you look for other peoples post who have more experience with glocks then me, Im just passing along what I heard.. Welcome BTW..

G26 all the way. It's so much smoother than the G27 IMO.
    DIRO305 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    If you had a G23 I would advise you to go with a G27. Being you are already vested in 9mm get the G26. One of the biggest advantages to the G26 is being able to use 9mm mags from your primary gun in your BUG if things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    If you had a G23 I would advise you to go with a G27. Being you are already vested in 9mm get the G26. One of the biggest advantages to the G26 is being able to use 9mm mags from your primary gun in your BUG if things go wrong.
    This right here.
    DIRO305 and wingryder like this.

What caliber do you prefer? 9 mm or 40? The answer to that will answer your first question.

I have a 27 because I like 40 S&W ammo compared to the rest.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    I have owned a Gen 3 G27:found it difficult to stay accurate with rapid fire of more than 2 rounds! Never warmed up to the .40 cal, in spite of practicing with it for over a year.
    The Gen4 G26 that I owned was outstanding (after some early extraction problems were ironed out) and fires the 9mm round like it was a .22 LR!
    Some pics to inspire you:

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I never let the type of ammo stand in the way of what I wanted. I have different size glasses on the shelf, three different brands of bourbon in the cabinet, and I own two different make and style vehicles. What is it that makes some people feel owning more than one caliber is difficult or confusing?
    oneshot likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a G27 and conversion parts to make it shoot 9mm. That's for target shooting, however, I couldn't recommend that conversion as a SD strategy. I feel pretty sure that you can do the opposite (G26 to 40 cal), but you'd probably have to change more than the barrel and mags (extractor, ejector, spring loaded bearing for the extractor depressor plunger). The frames are the same.

If you're thinking about it for an EDC ... well ... the 40 may have more stopping power.

But, if I were you, I'd just buy the G26 to keep it consistent with your 9mm G19.

Because you have a G19 I say get the G26. The recoil is really a non issue if you have any reasonable upper body strength and good form.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

You can convert from .40 to 9, but not from 9 to .40.
    Glock Certified Armorer

I have the Gen 3 Glock 26. Shot placement gets it done.

I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 27. Got the 19 first. Basically, I got the 27 because I wanted something different and something with a little more punch. Also, I already had a few other 9mm's, so I didn't want to keep buying the same gun over and over. There's something to be said for owning guns that all shoot the same ammo, but there's also something to be said for variety. And I never found the recoil on the 27 to be a problem.

I have both the 26 and 27. I like both of them. I can say that whichever one you choose, you will be getting a terrific pistol that will do pretty much anything you ask of it.
    DIRO305 likes this.

I would choose the G26 because you can use the G19 mags and 9mm ammo in both. P lus the G26 is my favorite carry gun.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links