Firearms are addictive

This is a discussion on Firearms are addictive within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure most if not all of you here on these forums can relate, Firearms are addictive. I dont have a huge stash, I am ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By BadHabit
  • 1 Post By GetSmith
  • 2 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By Deslock
  • 1 Post By fail_187
  • 1 Post By Skidboot
  • 1 Post By DaGunny
  • 1 Post By sdprof

Thread: Firearms are addictive

Firearms are addictive

I'm sure most if not all of you here on these forums can relate, Firearms are addictive. I dont have a huge stash, I am more concerned on buying ammo and mags that I feel will be hard to get sooner or later. However, I have a glock and I've been buying everything I can for it, but Im limited in how much I can spend right now.

The next gun I want is a smaller .32 or 380, BUT, I'm thinking a rifle and/or a shotgun may be priority.. Since I have a glock and reg mags, extra capacity mags and some rounds what should I focus on NEXT? I know im gonna want a small pocket gun, though the G-27 I have is pretty close, its not that small.

On the other hand A rifle is good in times like this along with plenty of ammo, mags ect... but Money is tight. They are just a lot of fun.. Its hard to balance range shooting and keeping the ammo i have for an emergency. Im sure most of the SHTF is probably just hype but I dont know, times are changing and I'd like to be able to defend my family and myself (and my dog, cant forget the pup)

2. Remove Ads

If you think firearms are addictive then get into reloading! After you satisfy your first few caliber needs I would suggest you get into reloading. Somebody once told me you save money doing it but I just am not too sure about that.....
    mg27 likes this.

I would focus on the rifle, AK47 or AR15. These might not be available in the future and they are good tools in a SHTF situation. I went with a WASR 10/63 AK for $600. An AR can be tricked out IF you want to spend BIG money. I like you focus on the ammo. I found the ammo for the AK to be cheaper than the AR. I just ordered 7000 rounds of 7.62x39 154 grain soft points at .22 cents a round.

Shotgun is a must also but I would get the assault rifle first for political reasons.
    mg27 likes this.

BadHabit that right there is awesome! It seems it could be a solution searching for a problem. Love to get that problem!

+1 on the AK. I bought an SKS for my potential SHTF scenario rifle. Love the round, love the reliability and as was stated above it is pretty cheap.
    mg27 and ANGLICO like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Having 1 gun is like having 1 tattoo, it just needs something else to go with it.
    mg27 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    I'm sure most if not all of you here on these forums can relate, Firearms are addictive. I dont have a huge stash, I am more concerned on buying ammo and mags that I feel will be hard to get sooner or later. However, I have a glock and I've been buying everything I can for it, but Im limited in how much I can spend right now.

The next gun I want is a smaller .32 or 380, BUT, I'm thinking a rifle and/or a shotgun may be priority.. Since I have a glock and reg mags, extra capacity mags and some rounds what should I focus on NEXT? I know im gonna want a small pocket gun, though the G-27 I have is pretty close, its not that small.

On the other hand A rifle is good in times like this along with plenty of ammo, mags ect... but Money is tight. They are just a lot of fun.. Its hard to balance range shooting and keeping the ammo i have for an emergency. Im sure most of the SHTF is probably just hype but I dont know, times are changing and I'd like to be able to defend my family and myself (and my dog, cant forget the pup)
    I sure know the feeling! I am going to concentrate on getting a ammo stash and a extra mag for my XDm. My next purchase is probably going to be a HD shotgun. Probably mossberg 500 590 or maverick 88. We have two .22 LRs one is a winchester octagon barrel and one scoped. My stepdad also has a 32LR in the collection and a couple single shot shotguns so I would like to add a HD shotgun to my list and worry about the rifle after that. But I was doing some cruising on the internet and ran across this rifle.. one day I would like to add it to the collection, nice proven design, simple, clean and will keep it open sights!

Mossberg 464 SPX 30-30 Win Lever Action Rifle 18 Barrel 5 Round Blue - $381.99 shipped | Slickguns
    mg27 likes this.

No kidding! A year ago I had one gun that I never shot. Now I don't know how many I have, but it's well into double digits.
    mg27 likes this.

I think a good shotgun is the #1 thing to have, before a handgun, even. YMMV.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

+1 on the tattoo comparison. I have mine on my back, so no one knows about them but my wife and myself and some guys at the gym. Kinda like my CCW...
    If you are going to buy a second weapon, I highly suggest it be a 22LR rifle. You get the satisfaction of shooting at about $.04 a round. Plus, if you're subscribing to that SHTF crowd, you can store bricks upon bricks of the stuff in your basement without taking up much space.
    If you have the money, the S&W M&P 15/22 is my first choice, followed by the Ruger 10/22. Now, if you think you're tricking out your Glock, wait till you get one of these. Literally like Barbie for grown men.
    Agree on the reloading. I just put my local gun shop owner's kid through graduate school with all the powder, bullets and paraphernalia I just picked up. Figure I'll be in the hacienda a lot with winter around the corner, so, gotta have something to do.

+1 on an AR/AK...Get 'em while you can.
    mg27 likes this.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they canít get it wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    +1 on an AR/AK...Get 'em while you can.
    I think you guys are right on with the AR/AK, thats what the heart is telling me, but need to build this business up a little more like it was back in the good ol days... Thanks.. Shotgun def a good pick too, but as it has been already stated, politicaly rifle may be something to get ahold of and fast since we dont know what the laws may be..

Distinguished Member
    Yep, very addictive indeed. Also went from one gun I had never shot to more than the fingers on my hands, in my first year or so. Atleast I finally have some of my basics covered - a shotty, a ruger 10/22, a couple of pistols, now including a glock, and a small stash of ammo (that still needs lots more).

But ya it seems endless, almost maddening! But I'm learning to be happy with and enjoy what I do have and realize there will always be an endless wishlist.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Firearms are addictive

An AR is a good choice, especially if you have a good range or some land to shoot them at.

I hate it when I gain a new addiction I can't afford to really feed the way it ought to be.
    miller_man likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    I hate it when I gain a new addiction I can't afford to really feed the way it ought to be.
    Man, can I related to that! I do have most of my basics covered, though. I still need to get another shotgun,as I gave mine to my brother a while back. Of course, the "addiction" doesn't stop just because I have the basics, so I'm always on the lookout for my next purchase.

Other than that, I just need to make sure I have plenty of ammo. I reload, so that helps a lot.

Links