So I "Pulled The Trigger"

This is a discussion on So I "Pulled The Trigger" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes pun intended lol. I went to the LGS today after work and traded my Sig P239 (that I didnt really like to shoot anyway) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So I "Pulled The Trigger"

So I "Pulled The Trigger"

Yes pun intended lol.

I went to the LGS today after work and traded my Sig P239 (that I didnt really like to shoot anyway) for a XD-S. I havent shot it yet so i dont have a range report but it is beautiful lol.

Here are some Photos from when I returned home. I havent cleaned her yet so its still oily from the factory.

XD-S Package by Switchblade906, on Flickr

XD-S Slide by Switchblade906, on Flickr

XD-S by Switchblade906, on Flickr

Here is one with the Extended 7 round magazine, give you a full grip for either a backup magazine or a range mag.

XD-S w/ Extended Magazine by Switchblade906, on Flickr
    fail_187 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

oh yeah! that baby is beautiful

I love the extended mag. I think the idea of carrying it as a backup magazine is great. If your 5 wont do the extra mag and grip are all pluses.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

NCG
    That is nice looking. I wish my LGS had one in.

Thanks, Im going to most likely order a Crossbreed Mini Tuck or supertuck deluxe for an IWB holster. Also some Pearce pinky extensions for the flush magazines
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Congratulations! What a beauty! You will be very pleased I think once you get to let some lead fly through her!

Good snag.. These .45 's are pretty sweet. Post up the first shoot. Congrats!
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

I fondled one at the LGS last weekend, called my brother and he bought it that day. I got to shoot it today and it was a firecracker. I'm used to a 9mm shield and I have very little time with .45, let alone one in such a small package pistol. It's snappy to shoot, but I'm sure I'd get used to it with more range time and I think you'll be pleased with it. Congrats on a great firearm!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    looks good and congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Very nice gun. Of course, I'm biased since I own one too! Great shooter. 100% reliable. I notice that yours came with an extended mag. Mine just came with a second flush mag. Are they shipping with the extended mag now?
    NRA Life Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Supporter

Nice, but man do I love my P239...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by p3at View Post
    Very nice gun. Of course, I'm biased since I own one too! Great shooter. 100% reliable. I notice that yours came with an extended mag. Mine just came with a second flush mag. Are they shipping with the extended mag now?
    No i bought that extra for 35 at the LGS. I wish they came with it lol

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Switchblade906 you made a good decision. These are darn fine pistols which feel and shoot great. I am not much into the plastic stuff that come with them but the pistol however is great. I am sure you will enjoy it!

Regards,
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Switchblade906 you made a good decision. These are darn fine pistols which feel and shoot great. I am not much into the plastic stuff that come with them but the pistol however is great. I am sure you will enjoy it!

Regards,
    Yeah I wish it would have come with another mag or 2 instead of the holster and mag carrier. When I saw the guy come out of the back stock room with this huge case I was like "damn, this little gun comes with that huge ass case" lol. The salesman just laughed and said he gets that a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links