Considering RIA 1911 Compact - Page 2

Considering RIA 1911 Compact

This is a discussion on Considering RIA 1911 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the RIA compact and commander models comes with a bull barrel. no barrel bushing needed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering RIA 1911 Compact

the RIA compact and commander models comes with a bull barrel. no barrel bushing needed.

I was looking at the RIA 1911's at the Overland park gun show in Olathe Ks. yesterday and saw several of these in the $400.00 price range. I wonderd if they were any good and it seems you good folks have answered that guestion. Going the the Gun show in Tulsa this week end will probably buy one..

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    It is growing on me weapon wise and now that the bushing question has been answered it will pull some CC duty
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Ria make Super guns. Here`s some of mine,the Comapct is my Favorite carry piece. . The last one is the Compact,Excellent weapon!.

I have several 1911's including my EDC a Colt CC XSE,the RIA I bought new for $369 and was my first carry gun,has a better trigger than my $1000 Colt.I just put 100 rounds of reloads thru it yesterday.I keep a box of paper clips in my cleaning kit so I always have a wire to disassemble the gun,with the slide locked back if you look on top of the guide rod there is a small hole,bend an L in the end of the paper clip just long enough that you can insert it in the hole,then release the slide against it,it captures the spring so you can remove the guide rod/recoil spring from the slide then the barrel.
    I had a friend that was interested in a 9mm 1911 so I directed him to this
    http://e-sarcoinc.com/rockislandpistols.aspx
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I had a Tactical. Hate to say it, but it was total junk. Wouldn't make it through a magazine without at least one failure to feed. RIA was great, sending parts to try to get it going. Never did happen though. I'm sure it was just a lemon because you hear so many great things about them. If I could get my hands on a compact or commander sized I'd be all over it.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

One thing I found on the RIA's and Citadels (made by the same people) is that even the compacts are heavy little buggers. If you are weight sensitive, don't buy them.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I've had 7 1911s. Three of them Colts. My little Compact Tactical shoots real well compared to all of them including Commander and Gold Cup. Down side on carry, it's about same weight as my Colt Commander but does conceal better.

My CS is my 50% EDC along with my SP101 .357. Never a bump in operations at all. I rely on it and just ordered a set of VZ operators for it.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I have a Colt LW Commander XSE and still want an RIA 1911. I looked into them initially for the price, but saved some more and started with the Colt. I like the platform and plan on having quite a few someday and while some may be Ed Browns and Dan Wessons at least one will be an RIA.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links