S&W Shield Availability?

This is a discussion on S&W Shield Availability? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; a few months ago i was looking at shields and they were nowhere to be found. as the production caught up to the demand at ...

Thread: S&W Shield Availability?

S&W Shield Availability?

a few months ago i was looking at shields and they were nowhere to be found. as the production caught up to the demand at all?

2. Remove Ads

Not a prayer. It's still hit or miss. I am now on a list. Hopefully wiill get one in a month or two. Good luck.

This is another homer for Smith.

From what I can see, it has not. If you look on Gunbroker, some Shields are going for upwards of $500; so they've actually gone up in price from when I looked several months back. They used to have at least 2 pages of Shields for sale on Gunbroker, now you find one page. So things haven't gotten any better.

Shooters jacksonville florida has them in stock. They have an on-line order program.

They dribble in it seems. One or two at a time most stores. I was on a waiting list (second) for about a month and a half and got called last Wednesday. Worth the wait except that the wife decided it was hers. They certainly underestimated the demand even though they produced some thousands of them prior to release. The demand is so far above the production that you might just have a months wait or so. But then again I ran into one in .40 one day just right off the bat. They do come in regularly but they sell fast is the problem. You either need to get on someone's list or you need to get lucky.

Who has the best price?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I don't really know the answer but I can tell you what I paid. I paid $390.99 cash and they wanted $399.99 for credit card locally before 5% sales tax. And most places in my area are charging from that to $399 before sales tax. (corrected prices on edit)
    Last edited by cphilip; November 5th, 2012 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    I don't really know the answer but I can tell you what I paid. I paid $290.99 cash and they wanted $299.99 for credit card locally before 5% sales tax. And most places in my area are charging from that to $299 before sales tax.

$299 for a M&P Shield ??? Where I want one !!! Let us know. God Bless

I'm on waiting lists as well. Have been for several months, it seems. My LGS quoted me $394 out the door price. But of course, when is a big question. I talked to them last week, and they said the list is so long, they never get out on display. As soon as shipment comes in, they call those on the list, and they are sold, right there. I'm going to expand my horizons.

Checked in our area and none to be had. One shop had a wait list of 8 people and said they are receiving one Shield a month. Didn't want
    to wait 9 months went with something else. Might put the husband on the wait list since he is no hurry to buy something.

VIP Member
    Not from what I've seen.I still haven't found one here in the Richmond area to check out.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

LOL!!!! dang it.... I totaly typoed that wrong... but at least I was consistently WRONG! Sorry... $399.... all numbers should have been preceded with the 3.

It was $390 at my store. Then another 9-10$ if you used a card. And most other places I asked it was around that.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    $299 for a M&P Shield ??? Where I want one !!! Let us know. God Bless

Links