Walther/S&W Customer Service For PPS 9

This is a discussion on Walther/S&W Customer Service For PPS 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have a bit over 4,000 rounds out of my Walther PPS. Last Saturday at the range I began to experience failures due to ...

Thread: Walther/S&W Customer Service For PPS 9

Walther/S&W Customer Service For PPS 9

So I have a bit over 4,000 rounds out of my Walther PPS. Last Saturday at the range I began to experience failures due to the slide not freely going into battery. It didn't take a genius to guess the problem. I pretty well knew it was time for a new recoil spring. I called S&W Customer Service, told them that I had over 4000 rounds out of the gun and needed a new recoil spring. The guy on the other end, Mark, said no problem, and asked for my address. I said what do I owe you? His answer, "Naw, don't worry about it. It's on us." It came in today, both the spring and the guide rod assembly. Just got back from the range and of course the weapon fired flawlessly.

As this is a normal wear part, I completely expected to pay for it, around $40.00. But no, they wouldn't hear of such a thing. I am really impressed. I have dealt with CS for many other manufacturers and have not always had such a great experience (a four letter name comes to mind with pictures of horses). Thank you S&W-Walther. You have a very loyal customer.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

I've had the same experience when I had a problem with my late, lamented(!) SP 101: Ruger had it fixed and back to me in about 10 days!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Thanks for the good to know info.

Links