My new "beater gun" - Page 2

My new "beater gun"

This is a discussion on My new "beater gun" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive owned my SIG SP2022 .40 for a while now and love it. IMO its the most under rated pistol and best value for your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My new "beater gun"

Re: My new "beater gun"

Ive owned my SIG SP2022 .40 for a while now and love it. IMO its the most under rated pistol and best value for your buck pistol available.

Im also a die hard SIG owner and own a 2022, P226 & P239 all in .40 so what do I know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    kmagnuss likes this.

My new "beater gun"

I don't own any guns that I worry about getting scratched up. I wish I did. But I've only got the money for tools, not trophies.

Any of my Glocks would fit that category. No matter how scratched up they get, I still clean them like they are safe queens. But I put them to hard use.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

XDs can take it.

I think that SP2022 will serve its purpose perfectly...really cool looking gun too. I've seen too much negative feedback on new Gen 3/4 Glocks and would stay away, personally. If you wanted to continue looking around, another option might be a CZ P-01.

A "beater" gun? In my opinion that's an absolutely idiotic term... According to YOUR specifications, you want a gun that will perform under duress, that you can rely on to save your life when you need it.......As others have already pointed out, the Glock is a "go to" gun for ALL conditions. Rain or shine, mud or dust, it's there for ya...That's why I run with my Glock 19 or Glock 26...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

My beater is a Sistema Colt 1911 thats been duracoated. This one stays in the jeep for the most part.

Any firearm you carry on a regular basis is going to get banged up..... There's nothing wrong with that.....that's what they're made for. Also, any carry gun that can't take getting banged up, dirty, scratched, dropped and generally abused is unworthy being a carry firearm. They have to work under ANY circumstances. I really don't draw a distinction between beaters and others. Sure, I probably wouldn't carry my Colt Single Action Army in 45 Colt.......but if I did, I'm sure it would perform flawlessly. Carry what you trust, take good care of it.....but don't baby it!
    StarPD45 likes this.

Found a police trade in S&W 410 that works just like my carry gun even fits same holsters. It is what I practice with and can keep in the car and not worry if it gets beat up and keep my Beretta PX4 safe.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

kmagnuss and 357and40 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'd really like to shoot one of those Bersas. They seem like good guns.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    Any firearm you carry on a regular basis is going to get banged up..... There's nothing wrong with that.....that's what they're made for. Also, any carry gun that can't take getting banged up, dirty, scratched, dropped and generally abused is unworthy being a carry firearm. They have to work under ANY circumstances. I really don't draw a distinction between beaters and others. Sure, I probably wouldn't carry my Colt Single Action Army in 45 Colt.......but if I did, I'm sure it would perform flawlessly. Carry what you trust, take good care of it.....but don't baby it!
    What he said.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Glock
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links