Bought my first Sig today ( election day 2012 )

This is a discussion on Bought my first Sig today ( election day 2012 ) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been wanting to pick up a Sig for some time. The one I really want is the new M11-A1 9MM with the flush ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bought my first Sig today ( election day 2012 )

VIP Member

I have been wanting to pick up a Sig for some time. The one I really want is the new M11-A1 9MM with the flush fit 15 round mag.

I got a 1911-22-B. Yep a real 1911 only 22LR. I have several other 1911s in 45ACP and one conversion 22lr slide kit. I thought this would be a fun ammo burner for the range and maybe take the wife to the range and let her shoot it in stead of the larger caliber.
    Here in Wisconsin we have a "wonderful" 48 hour wait period or "cooling" time so I have to wait a few days to go pick it up from the Store. Even though I have a conceal carry permit.
    Going into winter is the best time to shoot my 22s. My range is outdoors and pretty soon there will be white stuff on the ground and I can leave the spent cases in the snow. No worries.

Once I get it picked up I will get a couple photos posted. It is a blued finish with rose colored grips. Does not have night sights.
    I doubt I will carry this gun but since I have several 1911 holsters I guess I could.

Google Image Result for http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/1911-22LR-Detail-Hero.jpg
    mano3 likes this.

The bad thing about buying your first Sig is it probably wont be your last! I have a P225 and a P229 and will be adding a P238 and/or P232 soon. I've prety much resorted to only buying Sigs or revolvers from now on.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

I received a Sig 1911-22 for Christmas last year. Mine is OD with U.S. wood grips. It's fun to shoot, but certainly doesn't like cheap ammo. Mine will eat CCIs all day, though.

mkh
    Congrats. As previously stated it won't be your last Sig.

I have 4 now and will add more.

Re: Bought my first Sig today ( election day 2012 )

Congrats to being on the road to be Sig Addict. I have P250s - subcompact and full size.

Nice perk with Arkansas ccw - show them your license and you can walk out the door with your new pistol, no background check, no waiting.

George
    BradL likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

I've heard the 1911-22 is a solid performer, but as Hulley points out, you're gonna want some decent 22LR for it.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Very cool! Sigs are terrific pistols. I don't own one (yet). Perhaps it's time to give them a serious look.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidGeorge View Post
    Congrats to being on the road to be Sig Addict. I have P250s - subcompact and full size.

Nice perk with Arkansas ccw - show them your license and you can walk out the door with your new pistol, no background check, no waiting.

George
    I also have a 250. The compact. LOVE IT! Iowa is the same way. Show them your CC permit and walk out that day with your weapon.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

I have the GSG version (I've read that the SIG is a re-branded GSG) and it is immensely fun to shoot. About the only thing they should do is add a speed bump to the grip safety.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Ordered a Sig P238 for a customer and was offered the opportunity to shoot it and I was very impressed. Very easy to handle and accuracy was quiet good. Good enough that I ordered one for myself. I have never dealt with their support department though which is a vital component of ownership in my opinion.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    My Update! Finally picked it up the LGS did not follow up on the background check and it took another day! I sent a letter to my state rep asking to get the 48 wait removed for CCL holders in Wisconsin. Maybe they can take it up next session.

Going to a Gun Show so I will get a photo and post it later. (I should be going to the range not the show)

One thing I don't like is the empty mag safety. It will not shoot unless there is a mag in it. Thats ok on the LC9 but not acceptable on a 1911 style.

Re: Bought my first Sig today ( election day 2012 )

Congrats on the Sig. Did the SAO come into play in your considerations? That is what I think about, but is pretty. I Have two DAO Sigs.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    George, Yes I agree about the SAO/ DAO when it comes time to carry I would prefer the DAO Sig, Not that a gun is a toy but this is kind of a range gun, just for a good time at the range. It really feels like a real 45ACP 1911.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidGeorge View Post

George
    In Florida they do the background check but that is normally a 3 minute phone call. No waiting period for CCW holders so the gun goes home immediately .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links