Help with suggestions for my wife's concealed carry...

This is a discussion on Help with suggestions for my wife's concealed carry... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have her take a look at the following: Sig P938 Walther PPS Ruger SR9C Springfield XDs...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Help with suggestions for my wife's concealed carry...

Have her take a look at the following:

Sig P938
    Walther PPS
    Ruger SR9C
    Springfield XDs
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

StarPD45
    Since you mentioned that price could be an issue, two to consider would be the Keltec PF-9 (9MM) or the P3AT (.380) if she is recoil sensitive. I have the PF-9 and so far I like it. If you want to go down a little, the P32 is an option. (My BUG)

Also have her check out the Cornered Cat site.

my 16yr old daughter drives tacks with my G26 and G19. i also really like the CZ Rami. I don't like safeties on my EDC so I don't own one but they're great guns and both my friends that have Rami's carry them and love them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread but... can you really do that? I don't know that I'd ever hand my gun to a stranger, even at a range. I'd be interested to see if other people typically swap like that, I had never thought about it.
    We do it all the time at my range! Everyone loves show & tell (and try-outs); we have lots of certified gun nuts! I've let a number of people try out my guns, and I've gotten to shoot some I never would've otherwise (including a .50 cal. revolver - what a hoot!) It's a gun, it's not going to break.

Of course it is always the owner's responsibility to explain how to run the gun, assist the shooter, and stand by to ensure s/he is handling the gun safely.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I am planning on getting my girlfriend a kahr CW9, it's a sweet 9mm really light and I've heard they shoot extremely well. And the bright side is that I can carry it concealed whenever she's not looking. I would have her look at one and see what she thinks

My wife just bought her piece:

Wife and Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    We do it all the time at my range! Everyone loves show & tell (and try-outs); we have lots of certified gun nuts! I've let a number of people try out my guns, and I've gotten to shoot some I never would've otherwise (including a .50 cal. revolver - what a hoot!) It's a gun, it's not going to break.

Of course it is always the owner's responsibility to explain how to run the gun, assist the shooter, and stand by to ensure s/he is handling the gun safely.
    Haha, safety of the GUN wasn't my concern. It's funny to hear people do that, it just strikes me as odd. I know plenty a "certified gun nut" that unfortunately aren't as nuts about common sense safety procedures. That, on top of hearing about the range suicides, I dunno... I'd just as well keep it myself and spring the few bucks for a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Hey guys,
    Like I said I need help with SUGGESTIONS for my wife's new pistol because ultimately it is HER decision. So with that said I would like to know what you guys think are some good choices for her to consider. She is very small and petite, she is looking for something for personal defense that she can wear on her belt all day around the house OWB and conceal easily IWB when she goes out. She's not opposed to revolvers but definitely leaning more toward semi auto's.

Some semi auto's she has took a liking to so far are, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm (can't find one ANYWHERE), Ruger LC9, Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380, and Ruger LCP. She likes these choices based on how they feel in her hand and reviews that we've read, she has not shot any of them nor have I (money is tight can't afford to rent them). She has only shot my M&P 40c and an old Astra 600/43 9mm.

So please help us with some small pistol suggestions or revolver suggestions if you feel that's a better choice for her needs. Also any input on the pistols she has had her eye on?

Thanks everybody God bless.
    GNG,

Smith & Wesson 642, 442, or 642LS:

Small Frame (J) - Smith & Wesson

Start out with regular 38 spl,, Low Energy Ammo,, until she feels comfortable,, then work up to loads with higher energy,, until she decides what is comfortable and what is not.

IMO these guns are Reliable and Simple to operate,, ie Just Point and Pull The Trigger,

Joe

A friend is borrowing us his Ruger LC9 to take to the range this weekend. I would rent more guns at the range but they make you buy their ammo, so that's what makes it pricey.

VIP Member
    My wife tried the LC9 and hated the trigger pull on it. She ultimately settled on the Kahr CW9. Small, light and accurate. Very nice trigger as well. The Bersa 380, as mentioned would be another good choice. As far as effectiveness. With modern defensive loads, it will get the job done.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If money it tight, like it is for me, the Bersa Thunder 380 would be an great choice. I considered one myself. Another good budget revolver brand is Charter Arms. The Off Duty .38 is an excellent choice for under $400
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    A friend is borrowing us his Ruger LC9 to take to the range this weekend. I would rent more guns at the range but they make you buy their ammo, so that's what makes it pricey.
    You and your wife have to look at the rental fees and ammo costs as part of the bigger investment of researching which firearm she will be relying upon as a self-defense tool that one day might save her or her loved one's life. That's a very small price to pay for such an important decision. Being frugal now could cost you and your wife much more later.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    My wife liked the sig 238. I bought one for her. Now she carries that and has test fired a few others at the range. Next will be the Walther PPQ, then probably another sig.

You and she take a look/fondle a Sig P250 in 9mm....

sig p250 compact - Google Search

ICwDw&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=601http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/09/gun-review-sig-sauer-p250-compact/

sig p250 compact - Google Search
    BradL likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

RAL
    Check out Beretta Nano Review (with Shield & PPS comparison) - YouTube for Falia's opinions on the Nano 9mm. No wait! Great gun. Nothing snags.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links