Potential problem or just needs to be worked in?

This is a discussion on Potential problem or just needs to be worked in? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kmagnuss Just keep in mind that the 2022 isn't exactly the gold standard Sig Classic series (226, 228, 229, 220, 239). When ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Potential problem or just needs to be worked in?

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    Just keep in mind that the 2022 isn't exactly the gold standard Sig Classic series (226, 228, 229, 220, 239). When Kimber sells a gun for half their normal MSRP then we can talk.
    Touché. Although I don't mind paying more for a Kimber. Never had any problems with it not going into battery. I have full confidence in the fact that every time I pull the trigger on one of my Kimbers it will go bang, it will eject the spent case, it will strip a new cartridge from the magazine and load it into the chamber, and that new cartridge will also go bang. This process has been repeated for many hundreds of rounds in my Ultra CDP, and several thousand rounds in my oldest one, a Custom Target, with which I have won several bullseye matches, and have successfully completed a couple defensive pistol courses with no failures.

If you go back and look at some of my previous posts, you will see that I have said on more than one occasion that whether a pistol will have problems or will need a break-in period is much more a factor of that individual specimen, than it is of make or model. I just found it amusing to see a post about a Sig needing such a break-in period, and I believe this is the second such thread I have seen here recently about a Sig.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Potential problem or just needs to be worked in?

Whether or not the manufacturers own up to it or not, all guns need a break in. Doubly so if you intend to carry it for protection. Clean the factory gunk. Lube it. (On semi's) work the action a few hundred times. Put a few hundred rounds of ammo through it (varry the brand, type, & weight). This will smooth out any rough spots & give you a chance to learn the weapon at the same time.

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    The press check is a ridiculous weapons handling move we've invented that really doesn't work well on MANY guns. The pistol is designed to have an extreme amount of force throw the slide to the rear and then return forward quickly and full power from the recoil spring. Allowing the thing to move an inch or less simply doesn't allow the gun to function the way it is intended. If you do a press check I'd recommend always pressing the rear of the slide forward to ensure it is in battery.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links