Advice on First Pistol for Concealed Carry - Page 3

Advice on First Pistol for Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Advice on First Pistol for Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; my personal carry is a sig sauer p250 subcompact chambered in .40 s&w. i have the grip/magazine extender for the same weapon in compact that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Advice on First Pistol for Concealed Carry

my personal carry is a sig sauer p250 subcompact chambered in .40 s&w. i have the grip/magazine extender for the same weapon in compact that gives me 13 rd capacity.. i used a beretta m9/m92 in 9mm while in the air force for 11 years and liked it but it is a rather large weapon to carry concealed. i use a desantis inside the waist band holster and wear it concealed on my left hip. i am not a very big guy physically stand 6ft1 weigh 185lbs tall and lanky.it is a comfy carry and the fact it is a .40 cal i like the stopping power . currently loaded with 165grain corbon jhp. it really comes down to personal preference. my roommate carries a glock 26 in 9mm 10rd capacity and its a very concealable weapon and shoots rather nice. nice enough were i am thinking of buying a glock 23 in .40 cal

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Only assembled. Frames, slides, firing pins, triggers, et al are shipped in from Austria. Rumor has it that these aren't intended for the U.S. market at all but for countries where Austria has no trade agreement but we do.
    Yeah, if I've read correctly, most if not all of the US guns are exported. Can US be stamped on the slide if it's made overseas, though? I found an ATF article on marking requirements, but it isn't really specific on that.

I would support those fine americans that work for Glock in the US and get a 19. Learn it, love it, sleep with it, shoot the hell out of it. Then you could move to something smaller later on if you feel the need.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I believe we'll agree you should go to your local in-door gun range and most will allow you to try a few different guns out without charging you extra for doing so. Nothing like seeing what caliber, size and how it feels in your hand. Of course you won't be able to do it with a S&W Shield, you'd just need to read reviews to decide on a Shield. I was also interested in a 9mm and I looked at a LC9 but given that I wanted to enjoy shooting at the range it felt it was just a little too small, so I choose a S&W Shield which I am very satisfied with it and I wouldn't change my mind for any other. Great gun, good price, fits well in my hand and the trigger feels good not to mention it's an accurate gun for its size. Being a single stack magazine it makes a perfect gun to conceal. Gun also come with two mag's one short for easier conceal and a longer one so all of your fingers are on the grip. Surprising to me it felt just as comfortable with the shorter mag and I shot just as accurate with it.
    I called a lot of gun stores and I asked as many as possible to put my name on a waiting list and those that wouldn’t just call them often to see if they got any in yet.

I also wanted to by American but don't rule out Springfield XDS. Great gun as well and with it being a single stack Mag it's also easy to conceal.

Kahr is also a very nice gun but expect to pay quite a bit more for one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links