Caliber vs Capacity which do you prefer if 2 guns are similar in size ???>>>>>>>

Caliber vs Capacity which do you prefer if 2 guns are similar in size ???>>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Caliber vs Capacity which do you prefer if 2 guns are similar in size ???>>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's say that you are interested in the new Springfield XDS which is currently only available in 45acp and has a capacity of 5+1 and ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Caliber vs Capacity which do you prefer if 2 guns are similar in size ???>>>>>>>

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar

Thumbs up Caliber vs Capacity which do you prefer if 2 guns are similar in size ???>>>>>>>

Let's say that you are interested in the new Springfield XDS which is currently only available in 45acp and has a capacity of 5+1 and the new S&W Shield in 9mm that has a capacity of 7+1, both using the standard flush magazines.

You shoot both guns equally very well.

Both feel great to you.

Which do you prefer caliber or capacity ???

No caliber wars just would like to know people's reasons as to which they like if put in a situation like this. Thanks in advanced for sharing your opinions and reasons. God Bless
    HAWKEYE50 likes this.

VIP Member
    Asking the classic caliber war question and then saying no caliber wars is pretty funny.

In honesty it just depends on my mood at the time. Usually I say capacity, but clearly I don't always go by that rule since I own 45ACP guns. My usual EDC is a 40, so I suppose I like to split the middle and get a little of each.
    Fausty, mano3, ksblazer and 2 others like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Asking the classic caliber war question and then saying no caliber wars is pretty funny.

In honesty it just depends on my mood at the time. Usually I say capacity, but clearly I don't always go by that rule since I own 45ACP guns. My usual EDC is a 40, so I suppose I like to split the middle and get a little of each.
    That's why I went with the .40 (G23) for carry. Plus the sucker holds 13+1 which is way more than the wheelguns I used to sling so no way I'm going down to a 9 just to add a couple of rounds. There's a reason the .40 mag holds fewer rounds and that reason is gunpowder!

Re: Caliber vs Capacity which do you prefer if 2 guns are similar in size ???>>>>>>>

The M&P Shield does come in .40s&w. Good way to get both. ;-)
    Spec likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I like to throw the buggest rock I can manage, but any rock will do in a pinch.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Awww shucks - I thought I might get to be the first to say "get both".

Austin

My vote is for caliber. Since the average gun fight is less than 3 shots per side, caliber is more important to me.

VIP Member
    In response to the original question, I value capacity over caliber. When capacities are similar, I value ammo price and availability over other considerations.
    atctimmy, First Sgt, Remy and 3 others like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    My vote is for caliber. Since the average gun fight is less than 3 shots per side, caliber is more important to me.
    Yeah, but what if it isn't your average gunfight?
    atctimmy and Echo_Four like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Caliber... If you got power you dont need capasity,... Eddie

If the difference is 5or7 rounds I would go with caliber,but if it was 10vs15 or so id go capacity.
    Ogre, kmagnuss, Brad426 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
    Caliber... If you got power you dont need capasity,... Eddie
    In that case, here is a $400 carry gun for you to consider when you get your permit:
    Uberti 1847 Colt Walker Single Action Percussion Revolver .44 Caliber for sale (964120538)
    multistage likes this.
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yeah, but what if it isn't your average gunfight?
    I'll still take caliber. Staring down the muzzle of a 1911 .45 has taken the fight right out of a lot of bg's.
    hdsteve69 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Well since I carry revolvers I say the one you can shoot the best. If you shoot them both equally well, I will suggest the one that shoots the least expensive ammo.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    I'll still take caliber. Staring down the muzzle of a 1911 .45 has taken the fight right out of a lot of bg's.
    And what comes out the muzzle end of a 9mm has taken the starch out of quite a few more.
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links