M&P Shield 9mm

This is a discussion on M&P Shield 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a 9mm shield a couple months back and have been nothing but impressed with the performance and accuracy of it. I have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P Shield 9mm

M&P Shield 9mm

I bought a 9mm shield a couple months back and have been nothing but impressed with the performance and accuracy of it. I have a little more than 300 rounds thru it. Mostly FMJ but also a few JHPs. Have no had a single malfunction. Easy shooting as well. Wish I had a few more mags but in due time. Cheaper than my M&P45. Main thing i miss in comparison is the lack of front serations, but not huge deal.

Here's a target from the range. Second time shooting the new pistol. Not the best shot, less than a year ive been shooting. 7 yards 50 rounds of federal FMJ

2. Remove Ads

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    Actually great shooting...a few flyers. I've only been shooting since January 2012 and spend a lot of time at the range and have got some good coaching along the way. I also have a M&P 9mm Shield and like you zero issues with it...solid gun.
    Right now I'm thinking of getting a bester holster but so many choices and don't know what to get. Some say Crossbreed is the best.

Nice looking gun! Glad you could find one without waiting forever. I was looking at the Shield 40, but the wait list at a few local dealers was extremely long with no shipment date in sight. I ended up opting for the Glock 27.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Right now I'm thinking of getting a bester holster but so many choices and don't know what to get. Some say Crossbreed is the best.
    I don't want to bash CB, but you can find similar quality, if not better by taking time and looking around this forum.

Just picked up my Shield 9mm from my LGS about 2 hours ago. Happened to come across some on Gallery of Guns last Thursday and jumped at the opportunity to buy one for myself. I have been commandeering my wife's Shield lately so it was time to get my own.

I have a Hidden Hybrid Holster for it for both IWB/OWB carry. Very comfortable and solid quality. I will probably make an all Kydex foldover style holster for it for short trips. Made one for my Glock27 and it was fairly easy to do and a little time consuming but fun to make nonetheless.

Yea the shield was a fluke i found it. Went to my local shops, 1 said they have 4 ppl wainting on 9s and 3 on 40s with 100% down. The other one i went just to browse at what could be my next purchase and happened to have a 9mm shield in the back. They still havent had another in. As for holsters i was planning on crossbreeds minituck or the hidden hybrid holsters compact one. Undecided still. Not many reviews out there on hidden hybrid holsters sadly. With the target i tried a little new grip i saw on youtube from magpull dynamic pistol previews. Seemed to help alot. Thinking about investing in at least the dvds maybe eventually a class.

Wish you had made this post lol

On a waiting list and they tell my it could be about 2 month's before mine comes in.

I'm looking at Galco lined holster for silent draw for the Shield

Nice shootin'!

Edit: Oooops... meant to say http://garrettindustries.mybigcommer...hunder-fusion/
    Last edited by Navman; November 9th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

VIP Member
    Nice pistol, good CCW choice.

Great little pistol. I was lucky enough to get one when they first came out. I cleaned up the trigger a bit and made a F/O front and modified a set of 10-8 rears.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Right now I'm thinking of getting a better holster but so many choices and don't know what to get. Some say Crossbreed is the best.
    While others, me included, despise it. Here is the one I like the most, and yes, it is available for the Shield: The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I have been looking everywhere for a Shield 9mm with no luck finding one.

I got lucky and found one at a gun shop in Houston a couple months ago. I've run 320 rounds through it, terrific little gun. Feels like a big gun, accurate as big gun, but so incredibly easy to shoot. The only negative is the needless thumb safety. I don't use it. Don't need it with a 6lb trigger.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Like most, it was being at the right place at the right time when finding one. Found my wife's Shield (when they were first released to market )at a LGS that is kind of in a rural area. Saw it sitting in the display case and thought it was only a display unit but they said it was for sale. We snagged it up (paid MSRP) because we knew it was a rare opportunity to get one.

I found mine last week when I saw some chatter on these forums that someone found one on Gallery of Guns. I took a chance and sure as hell there were some available (15 when I ordered). Needless to say they were all gone within an hour. Took me a few months but, ******, I found one! Haha

Keep the faith. You will find one. :) I still check Guns of Gallery for availability every other day. If I see any, I will be sure to post an alert in this forum.

Went to a gunshow here in town today, never even saw a shield! Saw crap ton xds' though. Put trip not in vain, got another 8rnd mag!

mdrums,

Just reading through the posts and i saw that you mentioned crossbreed. I just got a holster for my shield 40 last week and i settle on White Hat Holsters version of the crossbreed. It was $10 cheaper and a shorter waiting period. The thing i like the best about it is, White Hat sells just the kydex piece for all different guns. So you can remove the kydex from the leather backing and swap in another one. Much cheaper if you carry more than one weapon. Plus, they have a lot of customization options. You should check them out... Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

Quote Originally Posted by G23fan View Post
    I have been looking everywhere for a Shield 9mm with no luck finding one.
    If you come across one in 40 S&W you might want to buy it instead of the 9MM. According to a thread on the S&W forums you will be able to drop a 9mm barrel into a 40 S&W and shoot 9mm using a 9mm magazine.

Video proof 9mm Shield in .40 Shield slide/frame
    GaJoe1950

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links