Need a set of good night sights and match grade trigger for 1911

This is a discussion on Need a set of good night sights and match grade trigger for 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market to do some holiday upgrades to the RIA 1911 Officer's Model I recently purchased. I am looking for a set ...

Thread: Need a set of good night sights and match grade trigger for 1911

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

I am in the market to do some holiday upgrades to the RIA 1911 Officer's Model I recently purchased. I am looking for a set of quality night sights for my weapon. I am also looking for a quality Match grade trigger for the gun also. Being that this is my first 1911 I am looking for a little help in getting this done.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Are you looking for conventional 3 dot sight or something like XS sights?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Wilson Combat offers NICE triggers. I would suggest looking for a set of night sights that are designed with the original intent of a 1911 sights (being able to use the rear sight against your leg to rack the slide in case of debilitating injury to one arm.)
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I would recommend having the slide cut for Novak dovetails and then you can get pretty much whatever you want. If cost is a huge factory then these CA02 BNTNS - Trijicon, Inc.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Trijicon Tough & Brite
    TruGlo TFO tritium/fiber optic sights
    XS 24/7 Express Big Dot sights

Meprolight tritium sights if you want something a bit cheaper.

I recently sent my slide off to Novak to have my high contrast Novak sites replaced with their night sites. Novak comes highly recommended.....Genuine Novak Sights

Quote Originally Posted by lsbbigdog View Post
    I would recommend having the slide cut for Novak dovetails and then you can get pretty much whatever you want. If cost is a huge factory then these CA02 BNTNS - Trijicon, Inc.
    The trijicon CA02 was my suggestion as well. $97 if you shop around.

Sent from my iPad

Was looking at the trijicon sights but Im not sure if the cut on the officer model is precut for Novak sights or not. But I am having my gunsmith put trijicon Night Sights on it and he is getting me a National Match Trigger. I am not sure which one his getting but I will ask when I take the gun in to have the work done. I am also having the slide refinished while I have the sights off. So will post run down of parts and pictures when I get it back.

Administrator
    Match Grade Trigger For The 1911.

Just keep in mind that a "Match Grade" trigger for a 1911 will not provide you with a "Match Grade" trigger pull unless it is accompanied by a professional trigger job.

You will need to have the hammer & sear reworked in order to obtain a match grade trigger pull.

If you do a "home install" of what is termed a "Match Grade" trigger you may be able to eliminate some over-travel and some up/down "play" but, not the creep or mush & you still will not end up with a match grade crisp, icicle snap trigger without having the hammer and sear done plus some other assorted critical work like having the disconnector surfaces mirror polished and some spring adjustment work done to even include the mainspring and the inner mainspring housing surface & the "trigger bow run" in the frame should also be carefully stoned.
    I won't bother getting into it all but, will just end with the fact that there is a lot more to a match grade trigger than just installing any "drop in" trigger part.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I will ask him what all is being done because the only thing I told him was I wanted to do some CC and HD upgrades to the gun before it gets full CC duty and he suggested a pair of sights and Trigger. I would hope he is goin to do some of the work and what not but will find out for certain before I turn the gun over for the work to begin. I am just waiting for the call that the parts have come in. We will discuss any other work to be done when he is working my trigger and sights to the gun.

Links