Glock 27 Failures, OVER and OVER and OVER (and then I got it fixed) - Page 2

Glock 27 Failures, OVER and OVER and OVER (and then I got it fixed)

This is a discussion on Glock 27 Failures, OVER and OVER and OVER (and then I got it fixed) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Buck up. I'm a Glock armorer and managed to do exactly the same thing once. Take the big (first) pin out first, and put it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 27 Failures, OVER and OVER and OVER (and then I got it fixed)

VIP Member
    Buck up. I'm a Glock armorer and managed to do exactly the same thing once. Take the big (first) pin out first, and put it back in first. If you take it out, you have to take out the smaller pin and the slide stop spring out before replacing the first pin. Otherwise, you get what you got.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by skew12 View Post
    Well the title is a little misleading, but at least you got it figured out!
    Yea, it should say "moron amateur gunsmith is a moron". YouTube and gun ownership can be a bad combo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Buck up. I'm a Glock armorer and managed to do exactly the same thing once. Take the big (first) pin out first, and put it back in first. If you take it out, you have to take out the smaller pin and the slide stop spring out before replacing the first pin. Otherwise, you get what you got.
    Thanks, that does make me feel a little better. Though yours sounds like an oversight, mine was just stupidity. Live and learn
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    This is a common mistake for glock noobs. My question is why pull the pins for a cleaning? I never do unless I need to do some work.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    It's a Glock, how was I to know I screwed it up cleaning it. And yes, I did. And I already acknowledged I am a moron, I don't need to be chastised further.

Cool, crazy, scary dog in your avatar photo!! Glad you got your Glock fixed. I have considered getting a Glock 27, because .40 was my favorite caliber. But I got a 26 a couple years back, it became my favorite gun, and I am growing to like 9mm a lot more! Still want a 27 though...

GH
    Had you needed more than 3 rounds to get the job done I hope you would have had your pooch with you!

Live & learn. Sometimes mistakes are the best teachers. I qualify for a PhD, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    The first thing that should be done after assembling a firearm is to test fire it...how else will you know that the gun's functionality hasn't been compromised.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I watched a youtube vid where the guy went into detail about how you had to put the pins back in a certain way. Now I see what that was all about.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I'd rather carry something that hasn't been proven than carry nothing.
    Sometimes people trade in guns they "Worked" on and screwed up,by carrying a used gun you've never shot it could have anything from a broken firing pin to extractor/ejector issues not to mention feeding issues,your rolling the dice.
    In my CHL class several years a go an older guy showed up with a Luger,when he went to qualify the gun wouldn't fire,after checking it out the firing pin was broken and wasn't hitting the primer,this guy had kept this gun in his house loaded for home defense.He is lucky he discovered it was broken before he had to use it for SD.
    I'm pretty sure there are many more out there that buy a gun put bullets in it and without ever firing a shot expect it's going to work.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    This is a common mistake for glock noobs. My question is why pull the pins for a cleaning? I never do unless I need to do some work.
    It looked like someone had put a lot of oil or something down inside it and I wanted to clean it out. Instead, I screwed up. I guess because I am pretty good with building 1911's, and I had disassembled my M&P to bare frame I felt "qualified". I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GunTrooper View Post
    Cool, crazy, scary dog in your avatar photo!! Glad you got your Glock fixed. I have considered getting a Glock 27, because .40 was my favorite caliber. But I got a 26 a couple years back, it became my favorite gun, and I am growing to like 9mm a lot more! Still want a 27 though...
    Yea, I would have probably gotten the 26 had I found a similar deal. A local store had a Glock 26 that had had the trigger guard "de-horned" and the finger grooves smoothed out (and not a super quality job) and they wanted $425 plus tax. I got the 27 in unmolested form for $400 out the door so I decided to go with the .40. After shooting it, I can say the recoil isn't any more than my Kimber Pro Carry. It's a nice gun.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are many more out there that buy a gun put bullets in it and without ever firing a shot expect it's going to work.
    Yep. I was in that group. Not gonna make that mistake again.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Moral: Don't mess with your gun unless you know what the heck you are doing!!!! God help me if I had gotten into a fight!
    Good observation on your part but your experience is exactly why you should shoot the hell out of what you are going to carry before betting the family jewels on its reliability. This is moreso true on a new toy because other hands have touched it during manufacturing and we all know everyone else but us is prone to having a bad day!

Too bad we don't know if our toys were manufactured on a monday or friday. Those are supposed to be the bad QC days for obvious reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links