? for all you glock fans...

This is a discussion on ? for all you glock fans... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 Simple solution, sell all your SIGS and buy only Glocks....you'll forget the grip thing after a while. ....of course...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ? for all you glock fans...

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Simple solution, sell all your SIGS and buy only Glocks....you'll forget the grip thing after a while.
    ....of course
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

2. Remove Ads

I just don't get the 'grip' fuss so many have against the Glock.

I can pick up any pistol and hit with it, from 1911 to Glock to D/A revolver. I have never noticed this thing called 'grip angle'
    02R1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    On the slide, and Barrel. Love my Gen4 G19.
    The frame has to be numbered as well. It's the 'firearm' per BATFE.

On a Glock it is in a plate in the dust cover just in front of the trigger guard. Where the light rail is on some guns.

If you like Glocks you adapt. If you don't you buy something else.

Or you can send your Glock somewhere to have the hump removed. This can cost some dollars! Custom work can send you on an expensive journey!
    Question Everything!

Re: ? for all you glock fans...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I just don't get the 'grip' fuss so many have against the Glock.

I can pick up any pistol and hit with it, from 1911 to Glock to D/A revolver. I have never noticed this thing called 'grip angle'
    For some I suppose its true. But, for most, I'm guessing that its more of a convenient reason to dislike them. For me, I like Glock and wouldn't pass up a deal on one if I had the funds. But I loathe rabid fans of anything, especially when they do not listen to reason and aren't open to difference of opinion. Sadly, Glock has enough of these folks to tarnish their reputation.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Or you can send your Glock somewhere to have the hump removed. This can cost some dollars! Custom work can send you on an expensive journey!
    You can do this yourself with some basic tools. I have a G20 C, but the grip was much too big to shoot with one of my medium sized hands, and being someone who practices Applegate/Fairbairn/Sykes methods, and being as it's one of my daily carry guns, the grip had to go. It is now comparably sized to a SF model, but the neat thing is that I made it so that the back strap is removable. It's just held in place by a drift pin.

Soldering iron, dremel, and some patience, and it ended up being fairly easy to carve the grip up and re texture it. The 2 backstraps I have I made out of oak. If I ever see the need I'll be making more back straps out of delrin.

stippling1.jpg

I cannot remember the name of the company, but there is a company that machines 9mm and 40 glocks and gives you 3 back straps you can interchange. It costs over 100 bucks, and they don't offer it for the 20 and 21 frames, so it was a moot point for me, but it did end up being some good inspiration for me to do mine by hand.

The typical method of epoxying I've never done, but I do suppose it allows the grips to be reduced a bit more than the way I did it, so for some I imagine that the epoxy method would be superior.

I have a Sig, Kimber, XD-S, and a Glock. I can hit with any of them. Rent one and see if you like it.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    You can do this yourself with some basic tools.
    I did my own grip frontstrap to remove the finger humps, and I don't even have the skill to take my Glock apart beyond the 4 basic parts to clean it. Its not difficult. Just go slow and easy taking off a little at a time and don't use a dremel tool unless you're an expert.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AFP22811 View Post
    glocks are awesome, there is no doubt. but there is something that drives me crazy about them... the grip. i grew up and sigs. like sigs or not, they have a sweet grip. lets face it, there are guns out there that have better ergonomics than a glock. is there any way to resolve this? any after market grip mods that can be done to a glock to improve the feel?
    Yes! There is something that you can easily do that will help your Glock's grip angle emulate that of a 1911 style pistol.

Here it is: glock_grip_force.jpg

Web site here: Grip Force Adapter

I put one on my Glock 34 Gen4 and it helped quite a bit.
    msc8127 likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    If I want to carry a 9mm I carry the one that has fit my hand better than any other pistol I have ever used.

Attachment 64280 1962 T-Series P-35
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    Who would think I could come to a Glock thread and find such a wonderful Hi Power ?
    NRA Life Member

I had to give up on glocks, I love them...I love how they shoot...I love the utilitarian principle.

I hate the grip angle, it's not comfortable to me in the least. Having to cant your wrist at a forward angle obviously helps lower recoil as well, just not for me I suppose. I can't believe the people in this thread that say they can't tell the grip has an angle, really?

Funny thread. I have a friend that can shoot anything. You know one of those people that can pick up just about any weapon and shoot it very well. Anything from a block glock to a 1911, grip angle, size, cal. really doesn't make a diff to this guy. Why is that? Maybe because he is proficient with firearms not a particular brand of firearm. Are his hands to big / small for a particular gun??? Is the grip angle to uncomfortable for his delicate wrists. These things probably are not an issue. But chances are when the chips are down he'll be able to use what ever weapon comes to hand. He also has a wide range of guns to chose from. A good weapon isn't in most cases designed for one person but for the masses. If it don't fit ya get one that does. There are lots of good firearms out there not just glock sig or brand of 1911 or any of the pocket guns. The gun ain't squat compared to the flesh and bone and brain that wheeled it. Glock as good as a sig shoot what fits ya.
    miller_man likes this.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Simple solution, sell all your SIGS and buy only Glocks....you'll forget the grip thing after a while.
    ..and you'll have $$ to buy twice as many Glocks.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    I can't believe the people in this thread that say they can't tell the grip has an angle, really?
    Yes. Really.

Sponsor

Lightbulb

Glocks point high for most people. This is why grip reductions are so popular, but they can get a bit pricy. This is a $40 Flat Back Strap Mod that makes the Glock Point lower:

GLOCK FLAT BACKSTRAP MOD 2.jpgG19 FB MW.jpg

More photo’s can be found here:

Tactical Shooting Academy - Glock Customizing
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Shooting Coach & Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links