? for all you glock fans... - Page 3

? for all you glock fans...

This is a discussion on ? for all you glock fans... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ScottM Yes. Really. There is no way you can argue that a Glock doesn't have more of an angle to the grip ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ? for all you glock fans...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Yes. Really.
    There is no way you can argue that a Glock doesn't have more of an angle to the grip than a 1911, M&P, Sig...so on and so forth. It is a fact.

What you may feel in your hand may tell your brain something different but the simple fact is that Glock has more of an angle to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    There is no way you can argue that a Glock doesn't have more of an angle to the grip than a 1911, M&P, Sig...so on and so forth. It is a fact.

What you may feel in your hand may tell your brain something different but the simple fact is that Glock has more of an angle to it.
    So does a Luger, a Ruger Mk II target pistol, etc. Does the grip angle on those guns bother you?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I've never shot either. To my knowledge neither of those pistols have a large bulge on the lower portion of the grip produting to the rear like a glock does and both are probably much slimmer in the grip width department which is why you probably never see a complaint about them.

I love Glocks, I've owned a 19 and 21SF but they are not for me and it didn't take long to figure out why. The grip is not natural for me at least and that goes the same with point of aim.

But we are getting off the topic here, the OP just asked if there was any way to address the issue of a "Glock" grip that other pistol manufactures don't seem to suffer from.

the only thing I despise about the Glocks is the grip. Not the angle - that's just silly. It's the finger grooves. They don't fit my hand. I think the Gen 2s (maybe?) had the flat grip, and I'd love a glock that had that style of grip.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Dry fire one 6 or 8 hours a week and pretty soon it will feel natural... the angle isn't an issue, you'll forget the grooves, and you might learn you actually prefer to hump.

Sponsor
    Dry fire one 6 or 8 hours a week and pretty soon it will feel natural...
    There's nothing "natural" about the Glock grip angle.
    OD* likes this.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    There's nothing "natural" about the Glock grip angle.
    When I was competing with 1911s, I would tend to agree. Now I'm not so sure it matters. There really isn't much natural about a freestyle high thumbs forward grip either. An index, a good one, is developed. Picking one (a gun) that naturally points better doesn't get to the end any faster IMO (although it may get you a head start). I'm beginning to believe the angle of the grip is about as important as boxers or briefs.

doesnt bother me. my XD9 had a better grip yet i can shoot better with my Glocks. Sold XD9.. just gotta get use to it i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    I had to give up on glocks, I love them...I love how they shoot...I love the utilitarian principle.

I hate the grip angle, it's not comfortable to me in the least. Having to cant your wrist at a forward angle obviously helps lower recoil as well, just not for me I suppose. I can't believe the people in this thread that say they can't tell the grip has an angle, really?
    the feel of the grip, i can tell, but not the grip angle. i've shot a dozen of different handguns and although some grips were better than others, it never bothered me much at all.. maybe it's just me..

I guess we should define "which Glock"?

The 17/22 does in fact have a slightly different angle than the compact and sub-compact models. FWIW, I prefer the grip 'feel' of the 19/23 or 26/27 than the larger frame.

But I can still shoot all equally well.

And, as said before, I can shoot D/A revovlers, H&K, SIG, etc as well also.

When I had 1911's I preferred the arched mainspring housing and short trigger. This grip angle is very similar to the G19 if you compare them closely.

It's a software issue, not hardware.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Simple solution, sell all your SIGS and buy only Glocks....you'll forget the grip thing after a while.
    Bwahahahaha! (^_^)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    I figured I would try a Glock since everybody seemed to like them, or at least find them useful. I did not have a .40 cal as it was fairly new and I wanted to plug that hole in my line up. So, I picked up a used 2 gen G22 with 2 pre-ban mags - OK, it has been a few years. I hated it. The grip felt like a toothpick, it did not fill my hand and it pointed way left. I put on a rubber grip wrap with finger grooves and that helped a bit, but I swore I would not buy another Glock - not my thing. I still have it in my office just in case.

A few years go by. I am at the LGS talking guns and not being all that positive on the Glock. The clerk says "you have to try this one". I look at it and say, bah, it's a Glock, been there, done that, not interested. He insists, so, to placate him, I give it a go. It was a full size 3 gen G21 - WOW, it fit. Pick it up and it points where it should. My middle finger is not pushing on the mag release as bad (although I can still release the mag with my middle finger without changing my grip). Long story short - I bought it and love it. It simply fits my hand better than anything else in my safe - except for its little brother the 3 gen full sized (grip) G30. My primary EDC is the G30 and my primary HD is the G21.

I realize that what works for me may not work for you and I am not a fan of the 4 gen Glock .45s as the mag release is way too big for comfort, but I really like the truly full sized Glocks. I shoot all my weapons, but for SD duty, I go with what picks up and points most naturally. YMMV.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    We are all built differently, with differing hands, so "feel" is subjective. For that matter, my hands are built differently, so a SIG fits my right hand better, whereas a 9/40 Glock frame, or "sf" Glock frame, fits my left hand better. (Larger-frame Glocks are too big for either of my hands.) My favorite auto pistol frame is a 1911 with an undercut trigger guard/high-cut front strap, such as the way Les Baer frames are made. All of these "point" just fine in my hands, regardless of the differing grip angles.

My favorite handgun grip, period, is visible on my avatar, at left; the original GP100 factory grip.

The bottom line is that personal preference is the only reason to own a Glock, M&P, Ruger, Walther, XD/XDm, etc over any of its competitors. Glock doesn't have a monopoly on reliable poly pistols.

If you don't like Glock ergonomics, the answer is, "buy something else". It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RBid View Post
    Glock doesn't have a monopoly on reliable poly pistols.
    No, but they do have the poly market on factory parts availability.

You can buy everything to rebuild a Glock for not much $$ and do it yourself easily. Arguably, they rank up there with the AR15 and 1911 in this respect.

This is an important consideration for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links