? for all you glock fans... - Page 4

? for all you glock fans...

This is a discussion on ? for all you glock fans... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not wild about Glock grips either ( especially the finger grooves ). I got rid of a Glock 19 because I just couldn't seem ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ? for all you glock fans...

I'm not wild about Glock grips either ( especially the finger grooves ). I got rid of a Glock 19 because I just couldn't seem to get used to the grip. I still use the full size and sub compact models and have got used to them over time. The reason I stuck it out with the Glocks is that there are many other things I like about them and I can shoot them pretty well. The best fitting grip I can remember for my hand was on a Ruger SR9, but the trigger was awful and I got rid of it. The picture posted by OKShooter looks like it might be a good fix. If I just couldn't live with the Glock grip, I would try to find another gun I liked better.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Tried a gen 4?
    Seconds on this one. Don't feel it makes a big difference on the baby Glocks, but I would have the slim backstrap on the mid or fullsized frames in a heartbeat

The Gen 4 G19, right out of the box, no add on grip bits, great. Work out side, in the rain, no slip!

The Gen 4 G19, right out of the box, no add on grip bits, great. Work outside, in the rain, no slip!

Distinguished Member Array 1911er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFP22811 View Post
    ... there are guns out there that have better ergonomics than a glock. is there any way to resolve this? any after market grip mods that can be done to a glock to improve the feel?
    I've seen guys sand off the backstrap and re-contour it with epoxy. Like stippling, it is something that once you commit to will most probably make it impossible to re-sell. Hack off the backstrap area and chances are you will own it for life. So make sure that you do it on a cheap, worn out Glock. (Doing it on a used $300 Glock is a lot easier than doing it on a new $550 Glock.) Or at least a Glock that you know you will never be able to sell. Try GT-5000 rubber grip tape instead, DIY Instructions for Custom Grip Panels

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links