? for all you glock fans...

This is a discussion on ? for all you glock fans... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; glocks are awesome, there is no doubt. but there is something that drives me crazy about them... the grip. i grew up and sigs. like ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ? for all you glock fans...

glocks are awesome, there is no doubt. but there is something that drives me crazy about them... the grip. i grew up and sigs. like sigs or not, they have a sweet grip. lets face it, there are guns out there that have better ergonomics than a glock. is there any way to resolve this? any after market grip mods that can be done to a glock to improve the feel?

Administrator
    Yes, there is a way to resolve the GLOCK grip issue IF you are willing to open your wallet and spend some $$$.

You'll need to contact them pronto though because they have ceased production and may not have many if any remaining.
    Here you go.
    http://www.ccfraceframes.com/home.php

Bottom Center Firearm

You can also go with a grip reduction but, that does not really alter the grip angle but, folks that have it done seem to love it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFP22811 View Post
    glocks are awesome, there is no doubt. but there is something that drives me crazy about them... the grip. i grew up and sigs. like sigs or not, they have a sweet grip. lets face it, there are guns out there that have better ergonomics than a glock. is there any way to resolve this? any after market grip mods that can be done to a glock to improve the feel?
    Tried a gen 4?
    nortelrye, gasman311 and daveb413 like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have a Glock 21 SF - I love my 1911, but I don't mind the Glock. You can throw money at it, or just use it like it is. I chose option B.

Austin
    10thmtn likes this.

Simple solution, sell all your SIGS and buy only Glocks....you'll forget the grip thing after a while.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have a G19 Gen4 with a Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove. Very comfortable to me. I shoot this gun better than any other I have.

Or try a S&W M&P or Walther PPQ. Great ergos on those as well. It will really be personal preferance.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Not sure I understand your question?
    "improve the feel".........How so? Comfort, control or accuracy?

I carry the Baby Glock 27 gen 4. I can't complain about the grip. It's a really small gun obviously.
    For me it's a little more comfy with the 9+1 mag.

I have seen a few people do their own stipling. I like mine just as it is.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Simple solution, sell all your SIGS and buy only Glocks....you'll forget the grip thing after a while.
    never!!! haha, i know what you mean though.
    multistage likes this.

Where is the glock serial if you can replace the frame?

I loved everything about my Gen 3 G23 except for the finger humps. The top finger hump sat under my middle finger instead of between. I finally decided not to trade it because I didn't want to have to buy more mags, holsters, etc. I ended up grinding off the finger humps and stipple the front strap. I didn't touch the back strap. Glock needs to get rid of the finger humps on the Gen 5's. The only way I will buy another Glock is if I decide to get a G20 or 21 because those finger humps do fit my hands even if the grip feels like the size of a 2x4.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    My Gen 3 Glocks fit very well

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRiley View Post
    Where is the glock serial if you can replace the frame?
    On the slide, and Barrel. Love my Gen4 G19.

It's interesting to me that folks complain about the grip angle on a Glock, but never on a Luger, or on the ever-popular Ruger Mk II .22 target pistol, or the Beretta Neos, or...

Point is that there are plenty of other handguns out there with such a grip angle. Either get used to it as it is, or get something else. No way I would compromise the structural integrity of the polymer frame by hacking away at it - I don't care what others do in this regard, or that some make their living doing this. Glock designed it as it is for a reason.

If I lay my hand on a flat surface, and then place one of my Glocks on my hand - guess what? The grip fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. Everyone's hand is a little different I suppose, but the grip angle works just fine for me.

JMHO. YMMV.
    ironmike86 and First Sgt like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Cool

I carried Glocks for over 10 years as a LEO and after retirement still kept carrying a Glock 23 and Glock 36 because they work well for me.

I did however sell the Glock 19.

If I want to carry a 9mm I carry the one that has fit my hand better than any other pistol I have ever used.

photo.jpg 1962 T-Series P-35
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    Yetiman likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I just bought my first Glock about a week ago, a 27. It actually feels better to me than my M&P compact did. I also like the very low bore axxis. I can tell you the Glock 27 and 26 grips are different than the full size framed guns. But honestly, if you want a Glock, just get one and learn to shoot it as it is, you'll be rewarded.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links