xds finally

This is a discussion on xds finally within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What holsters are yall using for yalls? I will order a old faithful probably. I have a few for my other guns and really like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: xds finally

What holsters are yall using for yalls? I will order a old faithful probably. I have a few for my other guns and really like them but want to carry this aiwb

2. Remove Ads

RE: xds finally

I had a two tone one. Great gun with no issues with the 200-250 rounds I put through it. Just wanted more capacity. So now with a trusty g 27. Has been flawless for 500 rounds so far.
    Sent from my Glossy White Lumia 920 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by 06bruce View Post
    What holsters are yall using for yalls? I will order a old faithful probably. I have a few for my other guns and really like them but want to carry this aiwb
    MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I'm waiting for my Crossbreed Mini Tuck. Hopefully it's not to small, if it is ill order the Supertuck deluxe.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    I'm waiting for my Crossbreed Mini Tuck. Hopefully it's not to small, if it is ill order the Supertuck deluxe.
    I am almost positive that I will be going w/ this holster: Custom Leather in the waistband Holsters for semi auto firearms.] for my XDm.
    After spending days and countless hours looking into different holsters and reviews I believe I will be happy w/ this one as my first holster. I am getting this as a gift from my parents for my birthday and wanted something that I could take off and let sit in my night stand. I also found that the higher dollar holsters ($90-120) most of them that are the one clip design do not have adjustable cant like the one I posted above which is sorta crappy IMO.
    Further down the road I plan on buying the CB Supertuck!

How many rounds have you managed to get down range? I had my XDm out yesterday!

-Jared

xds finally

I carry mine in a crossbreed super tuck. I can wear it all day and not bother me. It is comfortable.

I bought this holster from a guy on EBAY... $43 shipped to my door. Fits like a glove, is comfortable and can be worn IWB or OWB... Been wearing it IWB for the past few weeks.. If he does the same for you you can pick the leather color and stitching color as well. It is as durable as my CBST that I carry my M&P9C in and is a wee bit more comfortable as he lines the body contact side of the leather with a thin layer of material.

holster.jpgholster1.jpg

If you are interested his screen name in EBAY is gavin20050_11.... Let him know Mike from Md. referred you...

Any ideas appendix carry?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    There will be an XDs under the Christmas tree, present from my wife. I didn't think 7 rounds of 9mm was more firepower than 6 rounds of .45ACP. My other carry guns are Glock 19, 26, and 36, LCP and P238 (I no longer carry the PPK/S). The trigger on the XDs is near enough identical to the trigger on my Glocks that the difference doesn't matter. It has the same short reset and similar break. Works for me.

When I can have my hands on it, I'll make sure it works like it should. Once it's passed the reliability testing I plan to buy it some night sights. I may see if I can find a grip sleeve to go on it if the grip texture is too hard on the increasingly fragile skin of my aging hands.

I'm going for a MiniTuck IWB and a DeSantis Nemesis for pocket carry if that makes sense. I like the Hybrid holster design because the holster adds way less thickness to the gun at the belt line. My VM-II makes the Glocks about 1/4 to 3/8" thicker under my belt than the Cross Breed SuperTuck, or hybrid holster generally. The other nice thing about the hybrid holsters is their adjustability.

That said, the hybrid holsters are ugly as a mud fence. The first time I took one out of the box my immediate reaction was, "I'm going to get in my pants with that?!?" Well, they say, and I agree, a good horse is never a bad color. In a similar vein, I have to say a comfortable holster is never ugly. I have found the hybrid holsters to be as comfortable as anything I've carried in, and better than most. Because they are thinner they conceal better. Thin is a very significant dimension for the holstered gun + holster.

I do like the slightly stiffer horse hide backing piece because if seems like it spreads the pressure out a little better than the cowhide, but that could just be the two I happen to have.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I got my XD9SC from my LGS in OD; comes with 2 mags(13 & 16 rds.) and fits great in a Blackhawk Carbon Fiber Paddle/OWB Holster. Didn't know they were hard to come by: my gun guy ordered it and it was mine in one week!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

What kind of sd ammo are yall having the best luck with?

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: xds finally

I emailed springfield and ask... they said the 9mm should be out by between late Dec and feb... they didn't same what year....
    Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

I have had my XDS for about a week now. I finally got to the range and managed to put about 150 rounds through it. Absolutely no problems even with lead TC and SWC. If it countinuesl like this, it just might be my next EDC.

Bowie likes this.

What kind of holster is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 06bruce View Post
    What kind of sd ammo are yall having the best luck with?
    Federal Hydra Shock 230g JHP
    Last edited by 1MoreGoodGuy; November 13th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links