xds finally

This is a discussion on xds finally within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i have been looking for a xds since they came out with no luck. Was passing by gander mnt today and decided to stop ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: xds finally

xds finally

So i have been looking for a xds since they came out with no luck. Was passing by gander mnt today and decided to stop by. They had 3 in stock so i picked one up. Now heres the catch I live in Arkansas and bought it in Texas and they only transfer once a week so now i have to wait till Wednesday to pick it up and try it out. Lucky for me i still have my shield.

2. Remove Ads

When i was looking into my first firearm purchase i was all for the XDs over the M&Ps because they reminded me of a 1911 a little. Not much just a little. Then i learned they were made in croatia unlike most springfields. So i went with an M&P because has equal quality, made in america, and cheaper than the xdm setup i wanted. Did you get a .45acp? They make a 9 and 40 right? Or are those just coming shortly?
    MikeyIdaho likes this.

I am torn when it comes to the XD-S. I have a Glock 30SF and a Glock 36. They are great guns.

I'm just having some issues about, you know, being unfaithful to Glock.

I have six Glocks if I count my Wife's G19! I had a chance to handle the XDs in a local shop. I liked it a lot and I am a big fan of the .45.
    My G30 in an OWB holster is my most carried gun but it is pretty thick for IWB. I decided to try a XDs.

The one I handled was two toned which has never appealed to me. I did a search of the four local gun stores including Academy and no one had one. OTD prices ran from $579 to 618.

Someone turned me on to Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, $509 and free shipping to your FFL. Mine charges $20 and it is due Monday afternoon and I will be off to the range on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    Don't feel that way. It's like being in an open marriage when only you are the one who gets to fool around.....the Glocks won't care.
    Brad426 likes this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by mp.carrying.mp View Post
    when i was looking into my first firearm purchase i was all for the xds over the m&ps because they reminded me of a 1911 a little. Not much just a little. Then i learned they were made in croatia unlike most springfields. So i went with an m&p because has equal quality, made in america, and cheaper than the xdm setup i wanted. Did you get a .45acp? They make a 9 and 40 right? Or are those just coming shortly?
    edit: Nm

I am torn when it comes to the XD-S. I have a Glock 30SF and a Glock 36. They are great guns.

I also own the G30 and G36 along with a bunch of other Glocks in various calibers. The XDs would make a great addition to your .45 line up....and my Glocks play very well
    with other guns in the safe. Their feelings are not hurt when I bring a new gun home.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have a glock 26 a m&p9c and a m&p shield. A Springfield emp a sig 938. I love them all! Oh yea ill have a xds come Wednesday also! Cant wait to send some lead down range! And i cant keep myself from eyeing a 357 lcr

Good lunch with yours, I love mine!!
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Just do it. It's not the same Glock you married... guns change. Glock doesn't get you any more. You and Springfield have an undeniable connection.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Yeah my glock 26 is a great little gun but ill tell you this XD-S is beautiful and functions flawlessly so I don't know if me and glock are going to have as strong of a relationship anymore lol

Seriously though Glocks are great guns but defiantly lack in aesthetics.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

I'm patiently waiting for the 9mm version of the xds...
    ...from what I hear, it could be awhile.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.carrying.MP View Post
    When i was looking into my first firearm purchase i was all for the XDs over the M&Ps because they reminded me of a 1911 a little. Not much just a little. Then i learned they were made in croatia unlike most springfields. So i went with an M&P because has equal quality, made in america, and cheaper than the xdm setup i wanted. Did you get a .45acp? They make a 9 and 40 right? Or are those just coming shortly?
    No! Still waiting for the 40 and 9

xds finally

I love my XDS. It has been flawless thru 1500 rounds. I carry it every day that I am home.

I lucked out and got mine Troy months ago and really like xds and sm impressed with my first Springfield. Recently sold my Glock 36 and carry the xds in a Sticky iwb. Also works great in the pocket on some pants.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links