M&P stock trigger?

This is a discussion on M&P stock trigger? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AFP22811 when you guys talk about the apex trigger kit, what are you talking about exactly? i went to their website and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P stock trigger?

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by AFP22811 View Post
    when you guys talk about the apex trigger kit, what are you talking about exactly? i went to their website and they seem to have a lot of options
    It depends on what you're wanting to do with the trigger. If all you are after is an audible, tactile reset, then the RAM is what you would want to get. I've heard of people doing something with bending the trigger bar to get a more pronounced reset, but I'd rather go with the RAM since it's a fairly inexpensive part. Also, installation is a snap.

If you want to lighten and smooth the trigger pull, then go with the DCAEK or the FSS trigger kits depending on the gun's intended use. I would be hesitant to put the FSS trigger kit in a carry gun due to the disclaimer from Apex that it should be used for competition only. In the event that you had to use it in a legitimate defensive situation, that's just one more thing an overzealous prosecutor could try to use against you. I would go with the DCAEK for a carry gun.
    Bark'n likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Owner of 2 M&P's and at first thought about using the APEX kits, but haven't really found the need to.
    The day the music died - Nov 6, 2012

When I first got my M&P the trigger was a little gritty.

Rather than buy an aftermarket trigger kit, all I did was to manipulate the trigger (gun unloaded and mag out) while I watched TV for a couple of nights.

Smoothed it right out.

While I have heard that the newer ones are getting better, the 2010 ish manufactured M&P my girlfriend has had a horrible gritty trigger on it until she had it worked by a smith. It is now superb.

With a trigger job and a compensator, I prefer the full sized 9mm M&Ps over any other 9mm I've ever fired. Without the trigger job, assuming a factory pull like my girl friends gun had, I would take almost any other striker fired gun instead. That's not to say I would dispute what others are saying about smoothing out in time, because we never did try that, I only know it was a night and day difference after the trigger job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links