To sell, or not to sell?

To sell, or not to sell?

This is a discussion on To sell, or not to sell? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ever since I picked up my Glock 27 a few weeks ago, my LCP has been collecting dust in my safe. It used to be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: To sell, or not to sell?

To sell, or not to sell?

Ever since I picked up my Glock 27 a few weeks ago, my LCP has been collecting dust in my safe. It used to be my EDC, but after purchasing my 27, it has taken then LCP's place. As many of you know, the LCP is no range gun and it is not something I see myself shooting on a regular basis. To be honest, I don't really miss the gun aside from how easy it was to carry. What do you guys think? Keep the LCP or sell it? I can get $195 for it at a LGS where I purchased it for $300.

VIP Member
    Keep it! why lose money on it. There may be a day when you want the smaller gun to carry!
    10thmtn likes this.

I shot the LCP and really didn't like the action, so it wouldn't be something that I would want to keep. But, I also wouldn't want to lose 1/3 the amount paid. I would bet that you could get $275 for it at a gun show or on armslist.com. If there is something else that you think you might want more (another gun, ammo, training, etc.) then you could put that money to good use. If that's not a concern at all then you might just want to hang on to the LCP as a possible BUG.

Keep it. Everyone needs to have more than just one handgun.

Based upon your post, it appears that you have no further plans to shoot your LCP.

If that is true, sell it and move on.

Re: To sell, or not to sell?

Remember, if a gun functions properly never sell it.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    miller_man likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

In our current environment unless you HAVE to sell it to survive you would be crazy to sell it. Do you have any other handguns? What happens if your Glock is disabled for some reason. 2 guns is one and one gun is none. I like my M&P 40c so much I'm going out and buying a spare today. You never know when you might loose a gun in a tragic fishing accident.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Unless I have a need for, or an emotional attachment to, a firearm, there's no reason for me to keep it around. You can get a better price for it in a private sale.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

When I picked up a Kahr CM9, I sold mine. I'm not a big fan of the 380 amyway!!
    Tony

Your LCP would make a dandy BUG to your Glock.
    Old School and oneshot like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

There are days when my G-23 or G-36 are just a tad to big for what i am doing and the Diamondback .380 slips in the front pants or shorts pocket in a High Noon Pocket Grabber holster.

I like having at least one very small pistol and as others have said it makes a nice BUG.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm in the same camp as blitzburgh........ Never sell a handgun that is functioning 100%. Besides, the LCP would make a great back-up gun to stick in one of your pockets.....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Your LCP would make a dandy BUG to your Glock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    There are days when my G-23 or G-36 are just a tad to big for what i am doing and the Diamondback .380 slips in the front pants or shorts pocket in a High Noon Pocket Grabber holster.

I like having at least one very small pistol and as others have said it makes a nice BUG.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Keep it! why lose money on it. There may be a day when you want the smaller gun to carry!

^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp.

You will one day want/need a firearm for just the sole purpose of concealment/lightweight ETC, ETC, and you will be booting yourself in the backside.

It is only a couple hundred dollar gamble in keeping it, and if that couple hundred will not keep you from going bankrupt, KEEP IT!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

Ship it to me........

neverenough
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    In our current environment unless you HAVE to sell it to survive you would be crazy to sell it. Do you have any other handguns? What happens if your Glock is disabled for some reason. 2 guns is one and one gun is none. I like my M&P 40c so much I'm going out and buying a spare today. You never know when you might loose a gun in a tragic fishing accident.
    I have to agree 100% those fishing accidents seem to happen more frequently than ever! The LCP is not a fun gun to shoot, but it is functional and when nothing else can be concealed with the clothes I'm wearing, I do grab the LCP ... it always fits in my pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links