Sig P938

This is a discussion on Sig P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a new member here. My handgun of choice is a 1911. I am thinking of getting a new carry gun and would like ...

Thread: Sig P938

Sig P938

I am a new member here. My handgun of choice is a 1911. I am thinking of getting a new carry gun and would like a very small one. Since I am familar with the 1911 platform and have trained with it, I am considering a Sid P938. Anyone here have one and if so, how do you like it?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bigarm View Post
    I am a new member here. My handgun of choice is a 1911. I am thinking of getting a new carry gun and would like a very small one. Since I am familar with the 1911 platform and have trained with it, I am considering a Sid P938. Anyone here have one and if so, how do you like it?
    Here is a thread about it with some good stuff (and links to other threads about it).

Sig P938
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Thanks!

I have one that I purchased about 1 month ago. I put 100 rounds through it the day I bought it without any hiccups.

It was my first 1911 "style" pistol so the SA trigger took my by surprise a bit. But once I got used to the break, no issues. I got the extreme version with the 7 round mag and getting them down range where they needed to be was not an issue. Recoil is a little snappy with standard pressure 115g FMJ, but nothing to cry about. Perceived recoil is about on par with my SA XD9SC. Im not sure how often I will carry it because I prefer striker fired actions, but it is a nice weapon.

The front sight needs to be drifted to the left a bit and the fit and finish between the grip panels and the frame is a little disappointing for a $700 gun. Stuff one would think would not make it past QC, but they did.

Links