Glock 27 question

Glock 27 question

This is a discussion on Glock 27 question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this has probably been beaten to death, but I want to try and get some first hand perspective. I'm considering trading my Gen ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By buckshotshorty

Thread: Glock 27 question

Glock 27 question

I know this has probably been beaten to death, but I want to try and get some first hand perspective. I'm considering trading my Gen 2 Glock 23 for a G27 (or selling it outright and buying one). I can carry the G23 ok, but would like something a little more concealable. Anyone have any experiences going from one to another. I know the barrel is .5 inches less and the height is a little over 3/4 shorter and that seems like it would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

It is much easier to conceal but the lack of grip poses two problems. It is difficult to draw from a concealed position and can be difficult to control. I find that adding am extension onto the magazine turns it into a completely different and much more user friendly beast. I still try to limit how deep I carry it mainly out of access concerns. Some people complain adding the extension makes the grip just as long as a 23. While I have never compared them side by side, I think the 27 still has a functionally shorter grip even with the extension.

VIP Member
    What type of set-up are you using? My Glock 19, which is dimensionally the same as your 23 has never posed any concealment difficulties for me. I have both right and left-handed Brommeland Max-Con Vs for it to ride in, and a Wilderness Instructor belt which keeps it all in place. A t-shirt over top, and it conceals nicely.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I'm using a smartcarry or a IWB (Blackhawk) that I wear at 3 o'clock. I'll have to look up your setup, I never heard of that.

Thanks

GH
    I've never had a problem concealing my Sigma 40VE, the same size as a G23, even with wearing just an untucked T shirt & with about any OWB holster either at 4 o'clock or appendix carry. With a sweat shirt or jacket it's no problem whatsoever without even trying. Even though WI is an open carry state & printing is no big deal I still conceal well. Nobody needs to know but me.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slou92 View Post
    I'm using a smartcarry or a IWB (Blackhawk) that I wear at 3 o'clock. I'll have to look up your setup, I never heard of that.

Thanks
    Here it is. The pics at the end feature it at the 3:00 carry position: The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I have a G23 and G27. I like both, I would save and just get the G27. If you can't you will still like the G27 if you don't mind the smaller handle. The G27 have less recoil than the Gen 2 G23 imo.

I have a 27 and it is great to carry. I carry in a Remora IWB holster and I can get a full grip on the grip when drawing.

I'm surprised to hear the G27 has less recoil than the G23. Is that applicable to the gen 2 specifically?

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I find shooting the 27 and 26 not enjoyable at all... I can shoot them well, but they aren't range friendly... I would pick a 23 if I wanted a 40. and a 19 if i wanted a 9mm. But I carry neither... I have a M&P40 full size which is closest to the Glock 23 or 19.... the M&P 40 or 9mm full size is i hair bigger but I conceal it well. and if I can do that a 23 or 19 would not be a problem.

I like to have a larger frame gun, they are easier to shoot, hold more bullets, and in a situation easier to draw and control. I would rather have a combat pistol in a fight for my life, rather then a sub-compact gun that I can only get two fingers on the grip, and snaps like a turtle.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by slou92 View Post
    I'm surprised to hear the G27 has less recoil than the G23. Is that applicable to the gen 2 specifically?
    They don't(Gen2,3) have duel springs like the G27. Gen 4 does thats why they say the recoil is better on the Gen4. But I haven't compared. The G27 to me comparing with a G26 with defense loads is pretty similar. Some ppl notice I don't but I have a good grip.
    Doesn't snap to me. You can go look on You tube and see all kinds of comparisons. Alot of ppl like or don't like. But if the G27 didn't have a fan base they wouldn't sell JMO. I find myself carrying the G27 more then my G23. I shoot well with both. JME

If you find the recoil of the G27 objectionable it could be you just don't do enough shooting. I shoot my guns quite a bit and really don't find recoil to be a problem across the calibers.

I had both the the G23 and G27 and regrettably, I traded the 27 in favor of the 23.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I really love my 23 but I find it prints more than I'd like. My problem may be my carry system though. I'll experiment more before I give up on it.

Sponsored Links