Down to only three handguns.

This is a discussion on Down to only three handguns. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am down to three guns total as well. :( A CZ452 .22 rifle, my M&P Shield 9mm, and my Ruger LCR. Everything else is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Down to only three handguns.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I am down to three guns total as well. :(

A CZ452 .22 rifle, my M&P Shield 9mm, and my Ruger LCR. Everything else is gone. :(
    Hakkaa päälle!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Geez -- how do your taxes go up when property values are sinking? I live in FL and my taxes are down again this year. Low taxes are good, but low property values are not.
    In the Tampa Bay area waterfront property value is down more than 50% from the high it reached in 2005. However, my taxes have continued to rise and currently exceed $6,000/yr. We are currently between a rock and a hard place because we have improved our house since purchasing it in 1999. Two room additions, landscaping, new kitchen and bath cabinets and counter tops, new tile through out/ floors and bath walls, new fence all round, new furnace & A/C and all ductwork, new screened enclosure around pool, new pavers on pool deck and front patio and entrance way, new windows and doors, new garage door and operator, new pool filter and pump w/ salt generator system, new appliances, new paddle fans in every room and much, much more. The bottom line is, we have put more money in the house than we can sell it for. What do we do? Hold on to it and pay high taxes, high flood ins. and high maintenance and utilities or sell it at a loss that will basically be a trade for house half the size in a small inland town where we won't own the land.? I never figured this would happen when I retired 15 yrs. ago. I guess I lived too long.

If you have to sell two more, you'll have to change your name!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Glock 26, you kept your best one!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I would suggest moving to a state where property taxes are much lower and then buy MORE guns............
    Many areas in AK have no property taxes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    And no weapons permit needed!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You'll just freeze your nutty buddies off
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

That's nothin'. I'm down to just one handgun ... a Gen 4 Model 26 and I don't feel under-armed at all. Instead, I'm investing in ammunition and a couple more hi-cap G19 magazines with X-Grip magazine adapters. My ambition is to shoot in at least one IDPA match every month for the foreseeable future and get as proficient with the Glock as possible. That way, whenever I pick up the gun I'll know exactly how it functions down to the smallest detail.

You're heading in the right direction.

(P.S. - My wife has just one handgun also, a Gen 3 Model 26 so we can share magazines and ammo in any situation.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    For some reason the taxes go up higher every year.Now it cost me over $4000 for one property and over $5000 for the other property. I am trying to sell one but the market is dead right now.
    I'm sorry to hear that. If things don't improve I too may be selling some.
    Here our school district increases property tax the max they're permitted without voter approval at every opportunity. Few years back a proposal to raise taxes and build schools was made and turned down at the polls. Then they create a non-profit corp, obligate to build 70 schools and saddle the tax payers with a $2 billion liability. They call it "innovative funding". And no one goes to jail! ain't that grand? But wait... things are going to continue to improve!
    "Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus".
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

It's certainly sucks to lose firearms, but I wouldn't cry too hard for the OP. Sure he's got high property taxes, but that's only because NH collects zero sales tax AND income tax. No income tax! That's big nut right there.

Come down to MA. My property taxes were over 6K last year in a rural town and we got sales and income taxes as well. However, we have great gun laws here.....wait.......what?
    sliponby likes this.

Bottom line, the economy will keep getting worse until we fire the politicians playing these tax & inflation games. Otherwise, we all do what we have to do, and kudos to anyone making the hard choices to meet their responsibilities.

If I have to make 2 or 3 guns work, then I will. But the others should go to good homes.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links