Down to only three handguns.

This is a discussion on Down to only three handguns. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I got my property tax bills in again this year and wow they were big. So I had to sell 5 more guns today ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Down to only three handguns.

Well I got my property tax bills in again this year and wow they were big. So I had to sell 5 more guns today and that makes 9 in the last two months. I am now down to my Glock 26, Kel-Tec P3AT and my Colt Government Model in 38 Super/9mm. The one thing I made sure of is to keep my main two carry guns. I have the Colt posted on Armslist here in NH and may sell that one to if I get a buyer. It sucks paying these hi property taxes. I just wanted a good place to rant so I posted here. Thanks for forum guys as this is about the only thing I do besides shoot and work.
    Attached Images
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

Wow! That is no good!

Wow that sucks.....You need to save more money during the year cause you cant keep selling those guns
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

I know the feeling. I'm down to two also.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I would suggest moving to a state where property taxes are much lower and then buy MORE guns............

Geez -- how do your taxes go up when property values are sinking? I live in FL and my taxes are down again this year. Low taxes are good, but low property values are not.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I would suggest moving to a state where property taxes are much lower and then buy MORE guns............
    I would but I can't afford to. Plus I like the gun laws here in NH.

He's in NH... a blue state... (jk)... in this day and age, I too would be buying and not selling...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Geez -- how do your taxes go up when property values are sinking? I live in FL and my taxes are down again this year. Low taxes are good, but low property values are not.
    For some reason the taxes go up higher every year.Now it cost me over $4000 for one property and over $5000 for the other property. I am trying to sell one but the market is dead right now.

mkh
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

I live in Florida and my property taxes are up slightly this year too.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    High property value is only advantageous if you want to sell or take out a loan on the property.

Hang on to your wallets! As the economy gets worse the cities and counties will be looking for more funds to ease the shortfall. I predict increased property taxes throughout the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    For some reason the taxes go up higher every year.Now it cost me over $4000 for one property and over $5000 for the other property. I am trying to sell one but the market is dead right now.
    I'm sorry this is happening to you. I live in Central PA. My taxes are way less than yours. Currently, Pennsylvania is very friendly to those of us who own guns. I pray that you will not need to sell your remaining firearms.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    Unless both properties PRODUCE income you might be better off taking a small LOSS and selling one............
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    the less u got in ur name the better off u are nowadays.....things just keep going up here in North Carolina, in my county they devalued our houses and went up on the tax rate. So our taxes stayed the same this year but they laid the ground work to rape us all next year....NC is all abt fees, taxes, fines. We have the highest gas prices in the south because of taxes at the pump...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Well since your nickname is Two Guns you only have one more to sell....
    Rhcmlc and NCSoxFan like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links