Made a few improvements to my pistol

This is a discussion on Made a few improvements to my pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the way my Sig Sauer SP2022 feels in my hand, but I wanted a little more grip. So after finding some info on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Made a few improvements to my pistol

Made a few improvements to my pistol

I like the way my Sig Sauer SP2022 feels in my hand, but I wanted a little more grip. So after finding some info on stippling, I bought a wood burning tool and after practicing on random plastic, I stipple the upper backstrap, under side of the trigger guard, and the finger memory rest. It feels great and looks a little unique. I also polished up the barrel, feed ramp and chamber. I rerally like the look, the action is buttery smooth, and I have an improved grip. Here are some pics.

2. Remove Ads

mkh
    Cool. I love my SP2022 in .40 but I haven't even thought about adding more stippling. You did a great job though and I'm glad you like it. I would love to know how,it feels in a shooting grip.

Looks good.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

A buddy of mine was very skeptical when I told him I was going to do this. But when I showed him today, he really liked it. It looks and feels just like the Sig original stippling. I can't wait to see how well it feels while shooting. I really want to wet my hand and see if it helps me keep the pistol steady.

Administrator
    You made a nice job of it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

that is definitely one of the most professional - amateur gun smithing jobs I've seen yet. Added functionality without looking like a runaway soldering iron go hold of your gun.
    Very nice job, indeed, sir.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member
    Looks good. I do wonder if you'll be rubbed a bit by going that high on the back strap, there's just alot of movement in that area when firing the gun. When I stippled my M&P I found a few areas that had to be smoothed back down because they rubbed my fingers pretty bad when the gun was cycling.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I used to have a Glock with the RTF2 grip. It was so aggressive it would rub skin off my hand if I fired a lot of rounds. I would have to wear gloves when I practiced. But I want a good hold in case my hands are wet when I need it.

Another nice gun bubba'ed. Sorry. Just my opinion.
    Drgnfly likes this.

Bubba'ed? I don't know about you, but I am not going to spend $200 for someone else to do what cost me $10. Especially on a $400 pistol. And until you have actually seen it firsthand and felt it, you shouldn't knock it. It fits my needs perfectly and that is what is important.
    dbglock and Dadsnugun like this.

Yes, that is what's important. Just don't expect everyone to think wood burning a gun is great. But, it's your gun and your opinion is what matters. :)

Not something I would do personally.

However it does look like you did a great job. If I had paid for someone to do this to my firearm I would be very happy with the results...looks very professional. I think it has to do with the very small stippling compared to the golf-ball size holes other try to make with soldering irons. It looks to match the OEM grip surface pretty well.

(Off topic but how is the trigger on that SP2022?)

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post

(Off topic but how is the trigger on that SP2022?)
    The trigger is pretty good actually. It says 10 lb DA, but it feels much less. Probably because it is so smooth. I usually do a quick polished trigger job on all my pistols, but this one was just fine so I decided not to. The single action pull is even better.

And I know what you mean about the golf ball dimple stippling. It just looks ugly. I practiced on a piece of plastic until it looked like the original stippliing and then went to work on the gun. I want to learn how to do the tree bark stippling pattern to do to my Glock. That one looks a little tricky.

Great job...as long as you like it and it works for you carry on.

I got the bug and did some work on my Nano. This one really looks cool. And since the grip on the Nanos are really smooth, I wanted a more solid grip. This works perfectly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links