So what are you wearing to church this morning?

This is a discussion on So what are you wearing to church this morning? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PM Only if the church you attend is posted; they changed the law about a year after the law took effect. When ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: So what are you wearing to church this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    Only if the church you attend is posted; they changed the law about a year after the law took effect. When the writters of the law got mad over the cities in the Northeast corner of the state posting every thing in site!

When I am able to go I carry a PT111 usually iwb
    Chapter 75-7c10 Same; places where carrying concealed weapon not authorized; penalties for violations.
    (16) any place of worship.

Did I miss something? This is from the website.Updated 2/2012

2. Remove Ads

CW9 in a Don Hume JIT + 1 spare Mag. I have carried a Glock 19 in a Galco M7X holster. At the least a P32 in a front pocket with a spare magazine. Always concealed.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I carried my G27 in a Safariland 6378 and a spare G22 mag under my sweater yesterday.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Chapter 75-7c10 Same; places where carrying concealed weapon not authorized; penalties for violations.
    (16) any place of worship.

Did I miss something? This is from the website.Updated 2/2012
    I think you missed the next sentence:
    Statute 75-7c10: Same; posted places where carrying concealed weapon not authorized; penalties for violations. (a) Provided that the premises are conspicuously posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general

Re: So what are you wearing to church this morning?

Today it was my Beretta Nano in Blackhawk iwb with my spare mag in the right front 1/2 pocket. Church carry is legal in Texas unless posted.

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    This is an interesting thread, especially since I'm attending a half-day seminar on church security this coming Tuesday morning. Will be interesting to see what the seminar offers in relation to thread comments here.
    Please post back with what you hear in the seminar, that will be interesting.

I'm the treasurer at our church, and oversee the money counters. We have encountered some people that were wandering around our facilities during church, obviously not looking to join in worship. I had gotten away from carrying in church, but I've gone back to it, usually an LCP in a pocket holster. My wife carries a Smith 642 all the time, including church.
    Denverjay likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Re: So what are you wearing to church this morning?

And while we're at it, a few words about places where you have to get permission in order to carry concealed. In a lot of the forums I visit, you see the phrase "concealed means concealed" quite a bit. But that can't be the case if you have to ask for permission before being able to carry. Based on the simple logic, it'd be in your best interest to try to convince your state legislature(s) to reconsider. This is just my $.02. Do with it what you may.

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2
    Denverjay likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Concealed is concealed! The world is full of whack jobs. This election proved that. They should post all public buildings, No whacko's Allowed! Until that happens, my Bible and my G-26 are a comfort to me.
    Denverjay likes this.

No church carry here in GA.

Today, my 2 boys & I wore our Boy Scout uniforms though. We had a Veteran's Day service where our Boy Scouts served as ushers. It was a great service and thanks to all here on DC who have served or are serving.
    Denverjay likes this.

Very cool!
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I think you missed the next sentence:
    Statute 75-7c10: Same; posted places where carrying concealed weapon not authorized; penalties for violations. (a) Provided that the premises are conspicuously posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general
    Wow, thanks man. When I go the site that sentence is missing and there is a blank space in the document where it should be. Go figure!!

It is legal to carry in churches in Iowa. I carry a .380 IWB. One of the church deacons also carries, and I suspect more.

Here is an interesting website on the subject. Church Security - Carl Chinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Wow, thanks man. When I go the site that sentence is missing and there is a blank space in the document where it should be. Go figure!!
    Glad to help. I first saw it on the very useful Handgunlaw.us website run by a member of the DC forum. I'm not sure where you are reading it, but this looks like the official webpage for that statute: Article 7c. - FIREARMS

Also, not sure if you saw it, but check out post #30 of this thread where I linked to the KS AG's site about required signage.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    This is an interesting thread, especially since I'm attending a half-day seminar on church security this coming Tuesday morning. Will be interesting to see what the seminar offers in relation to thread comments here.
    Would be interested in your comments after the seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Glad to help. I first saw it on the very useful Handgunlaw.us website run by a member of the DC forum. I'm not sure where you are reading it, but this looks like the official webpage for that statute: Article 7c. - FIREARMS

Also, not sure if you saw it, but check out post #30 of this thread where I linked to the KS AG's site about required signage.

Cheers.
    "(15) any day care home or group day care home, as defined in Kansas administrative regulation 28-4-113, or any preschool or childcare center, as defined in Kansas administrative regulation 28-4-420; or

(16) any place of worship.

(b) Nothing in this act shall be construed to prevent:

(1) Any public or private employer from restricting or prohibiting by personnel policies persons licensed under "

This is what I find there.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links