Defensive Carry banner

So what are you wearing to church this morning?

8K views 104 replies 67 participants last post by  longhornfan6 
#1 ·
What gun goes with your Sunday best? atctimmy is wearing a Kahr CW9 in a Lou Alessi OWB rig. You?

#4 ·
Colt Detective Special in a De Santis Nemesis pocket holster.

I still wear a suit and tie to church. Would prefer an IWB holster but, though I'm not really a hugger by nature, there are those who are and I don't wish to be made.

Reactions: atctimmy
#43 ·
Only if the church you attend is posted; they changed the law about a year after the law took effect. When the writters of the law got mad over the cities in the Northeast corner of the state posting every thing in site!

When I am able to go I carry a PT111 usually iwb

#14 ·
And in Ohio you had better get it in writing just to be on the safe side!

#15 ·
Maybe the question should be. Do you think we should be allowed to carry in church?

In Ohio unless it is in writing you are allowed to carry in church you are on a very slippery legal slope if you do. We aren't allowed to carry in church here unless it is expressly stated and that better be in writing. Someone can tell you one thing and then if something happens say they didn't say it.

I would purse carry the same gun I carry everywhere else.

#16 ·
Slippery slope? More like a class three felony. Obtaining that permission from my congregation involves having a conversation that will never happen. I do agree on what the question should be.

#30 ·
What gun goes with your Sunday best?
Usually the same as any other day: Shield 9 or Bodyguard 380 in a Remora worn IWB. I wear a blazer for cover. When the huggers approach, I keep my elbows at my sides to prevent too much touchy-feely.

Guns are not allowed in church in Kansas so I will take my faith. :icon_neutral:
Just curious: Are your church premises conspicuously posted per the required signage? If not posted, then I think you are permitted to carry in a place of worship.

Maybe the question should be. Do you think we should be allowed to carry in church?
It's a fair question and the answer is an emphatic YES! (Do we have fire extinguishers in churches?) Why should we be denied the right to self-defense anywhere?

#31 ·
When CONUS, it's usually my Kahr MK9 as my "church gun"...or if I'm feeling particularly daring, my P229 IWB with a suit jacket.

#32 · (Edited)
Legal in Colorado. Our preacher has a CCW and carries. We are a community church of 12,000. Many are armed. My wife carries a Glock 27 (40 S&W) and I a S&W 21 (44 special).

#33 ·
Our (Christian) church is very vocal in its support of Israel's right to exist. We've had "protesters" show up at church before; thankfully no trouble. However, we have a higher probability of attracting lunatics, anti-semites, and Islamo-wackos than your average church.

As such, today I wore my Glock 30 and my Ruger LCR; a reload for each; and my usual prayer for an uneventful Sunday. :032:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.