So what are you wearing to church this morning? - Page 6

So what are you wearing to church this morning?

This is a discussion on So what are you wearing to church this morning? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven Do I really need a gun when I'm in the house of God? Maybe, maybe not. But would you rather need ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: So what are you wearing to church this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Do I really need a gun when I'm in the house of God?
    Maybe, maybe not. But would you rather need it and not have it? Or have it and not need it? There have been multiple shootings in churches. The mere fact that it is a church does not ward off all evil, unfortunately.
    Denverjay likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

You are the one who can decide that.

Many say that "God will protect me and mine". But that doesn't line up with the others who have been killed in church shootings.

Were they just sinners who God decided to take out in a violent manner?

Look to the Old testament. God had Nehemiah's men armed as they rebuilt the temple. And they set watchmen to keep guard.

I believe there is Biblical precedent for being armed in His house.

Re: So what are you wearing to church this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    You are the one who can decide that.

Many say that "God will protect me and mine". But that doesn't line up with the others who have been killed in church shootings.

Were they just sinners who God decided to take out in a violent manner?

Look to the Old testament. God had Nehemiah's men armed as they rebuilt the temple. And they set watchmen to keep guard.

I believe there is Biblical precedent for being armed in His house.
    That would be your call. But my decision to carry everywhere that it's legal for me to is based on the same reason that I wear a seatbelt every time I get in a car: I can't predict when something is going to happen. So carry everywhere I can & pray that I get to be one of those old codgers that have carried for years without ever needing to fire in self defense. Of course carrying everywhere plays a part in me getting to be an old codger!

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2
    Denverjay likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I carry my Colt Commander to church every Sunday. I attend near Boulder, CO, where a large chunk of the world's crazies live, so it doesn't hurt to have some protection. God is sovereign but man is responsible.
    Denverjay, atctimmy and BamaT like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCajun View Post
    ..& pray that I get to be one of those old codgers that have carried for years without ever needing to fire in self defense.
    Me? I pray that I get to stop one of the crazy's.

My wife wouldn't approve, so I keep it low key at church. Seecamp LSW32 in the front pocket. I usher and take up the offering, so I think its my duty to be prepared.

Had my G19 in a Galco Royal Guard and a spare magazine. Also had my daughter baptised at church on veterans day!

I have had some people get on me about carrying in church and saying, trust God. I do trust God, but there are many stories of people shooting up churches. So I either carry my Beretta Nano in my pocket or my new Sig Sauer SP2022 in a Fobus paddle under my jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I have had some people get on me about carrying in church and saying, trust God. I do trust God, but there are many stories of people shooting up churches. So I either carry my Beretta Nano in my pocket or my new Sig Sauer SP2022 in a Fobus paddle under my jacket.
    Always carry, never tell.

My Pastor and several elders are always armed at every service ! Got to protect the flock as you know ! I take comfort in personally knowing each and every one of them are. I do feel better knowing my G-27 is warm if and ready if needed.

May you be raised-up as you bow down.

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

So what are you wearing to church this morning?

Today, it's my CZ75 Compact with an extra mag. I switch it up sometimes with my Ruger SR1911 with 2 extra mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Guns are not allowed in church in Kansas so I will take my faith.
    Only if they are signed properly as per State Statute and AG provisions for proper signage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Not if I'm sitting with you...

Suggested reading for some would be anything by LTC (RET) Dave Grossman.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Every day carry. At the top of the page, click on "quick links" and then "Common acronyms". You'll find a lot of help there for other acronyms that you WILL run into on this forum
    In a quick easy spot to find. Thanks !! Appreciate it. and Yes, I pretty much EDC also. (CC, as well)

VIP Member
    Funny story...I never had to ask my pastor for permission to carry. We were new to the area and my wife and I were church shopping, trying to find a good fit for us. As I was looking through the church bulletin I found that they, THE CHURCH, were holding a CCW class the following week. I signed up thinking that this just might be the right church.

When I attended class, without knowing it, I sat next to the head pastor. After getting to know him and most of the deacons (in class) I was pretty sure this was the right church for us.

We still shopped and we prayed about it just to be thorough but I KNEW in my heart where we would be worshiping in the future. I mean, how cool is that? I met my pastor at a CCW class sponsored by and held at the church.

Lest any bad guys get some funny ideas, atctimmy's church is armed to the teeth. Look elsewhere for wimps and victims.
    10thmtn likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links