Glock 27 Gen 2.5

This is a discussion on Glock 27 Gen 2.5 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm thinking of buying this pistol from an individual for $525 to $550 we are still haggling on price. It comes with extras like ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FLSlim

Thread: Glock 27 Gen 2.5

Glock 27 Gen 2.5

So I'm thinking of buying this pistol from an individual for $525 to $550 we are still haggling on price. It comes with extras like the 9mm conversion kit and two 9mm magazines and two for 40 cal. and night sights. Any thoughts on this for a CC pistol? Also any owners of this pistol hows the recoil on it? I have a Sig P290 as well for a CC pistol. The sig seems a little heavy for a CC pistol and the laser makes it a little bulky for me. Any thoughts and insight are greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance... Jon BTW I have a Glock 40 cal that I used for my CCW test and loved the feel of it. Just too big for me to carry daily.

2. Remove Ads

I'm assuming this gun is used? If so, too much. I bought my new Glock 27 Gen 4 for $590 at a LGS which included 2 hours of range time. So, essentially it was $565 without the range time. This is just my opinion, but I think his asking price is too much when you can find a new one for $550 or less depending on where you live.

With all the extras listed still too much? Haven't bought it yet...

Welcome. Gen 2.5 with conversion barrel and mags, I would pay maybe 475, depending on overall condition. It's your money though, so it is worth what you think it is worth. The 27 is a good carry size, although for carry, stay with the factory barrel in 40 cal to ensure reliability. Use the conversion barrel for less expensive ammo for range time practice.
    ZX9RCAM likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by FLSlim View Post
    Welcome. Gen 2.5 with conversion barrel and mags, I would pay maybe 475, depending on overall condition. It's your money though, so it is worth what you think it is worth. The 27 is a good carry size, although for carry, stay with the factory barrel in 40 cal to ensure reliability. Use the conversion barrel for less expensive ammo for range time practice.
    This!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The 9mm barrel and mags, depending on brand, cost in the vicinity of $150. Deduct that from the asking price and you're paying $375-400 for a used Glock 27.

You didn't say what model Glock you had (G22?), nor if you were really interested in the conversion parts. If you are, and you want a smaller version .40, then I'd say the $525-500 was a fair price for the entire deal. Try it with both .40 and 9mm before you buy (some conversions can be problematic even in a Glock), and then work out your best price.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Buy it

You can't screw up with that price. Used Glock with night sights $400 great deal. Probably just getting broken in. No advantage to a new one unless it looks like it was severly abused. You are getting it for a carry piece which means you will at some point get some wear somewhere from handling or holstering. That is character. Then a 9mm conversion barrel cost $100 and doesn't go down in value much. It will let you train with less ammo cost which will pay for itself. Two magazines for the 9mm cost 20$ each for $40 value. I would say go for it. I have many used police glock and all they have been great. 400 plus 100 plus 40 for total of 540 seems good. Talk him into throwing in something to sweeten the deal like ammo or a holster.

Links