taurus poly 357

This is a discussion on taurus poly 357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone have one . and do you like....

Thread: taurus poly 357

taurus poly 357

anyone have one . and do you like.

2. Remove Ads

KoB
    Went to the range 2 weekends ago with two other guys. One of them brought his poly. 357 Taurus to shoot and it wouldn't fire. Either the cylinder locked up or it wouldn't close, whatever it was he couldn't shoot it. He made the comment that he just got it back from the dealer/shop and it was the third time acting up. He started bashing Taurus and I told him I have a stainless .357 Taurus with 4" barrel that hasn't given me problems in over a decade.

I would recommend a Ruger LCR, for I have the .38 version with XS Night sight zand CT grip and I love it. Which caliber you chose is your decision. Good Luck

Something about it being a Taurus....polymer....in .357 Magnum makes me think of a lot of scars may happen to my hand/wrist/face.

I'll pass. Sorry I couldn't add any real experience but I would be very leery.

Quote Originally Posted by KoB View Post
    Went to the range 2 weekends ago with two other guys. One of them brought his poly. 357 Taurus to shoot and it wouldn't fire. Either the cylinder locked up or it wouldn't close, whatever it was he couldn't shoot it. He made the comment that he just got it back from the dealer/shop and it was the third time acting up. He started bashing Taurus and I told him I have a stainless .357 Taurus with 4" barrel that hasn't given me problems in over a decade.

I would recommend a Ruger LCR, for I have the .38 version with XS Night sight zand CT grip and I love it. Which caliber you chose is your decision. Good Luck
    I don't have nor have I ever shot the Taurus version, but I do have an LCR and I love it. People are going to get tired of me saying this, but it has the best trigger of any revolver of its size that I have shot. It's gaining quite a following, and it's earning a very good reputation. I would recommend it without any reservation whatsoever. The Taurus seems to have a good ways to go to reach the same level.

Re: taurus poly 357

Quote Originally Posted by plotdog99 View Post
    anyone have one . and do you like.
    I had the Taurus Poly .38 and loved it.

Shot great, no problems.

A great gun but I didn't like CCing a revolver so I sold mine.
    Last edited by STLRampage; November 12th, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

This is somewhat unrelated but an interesting bit of info. If I recall correctly, at the Shot Show when Taurus first introduced the Poly .38 (two years ago I think?), someone asked one of the reps if they were trying to compete with the Ruger LCR, and the rep replied something to the tune of they had developed a polymer revolver five years ago but never brought it to production because they didn't think there would be a market.

Links