Carry gun for my wife.

This is a discussion on Carry gun for my wife. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Smith and wesson M&P9c and the springfield xdsc and the xdm compacts. Daos with 10 to 19 round capcitys. We own both the m&p9c and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Carry gun for my wife.

Smith and wesson M&P9c and the springfield xdsc and the xdm compacts. Daos with 10 to 19 round capcitys. We own both the m&p9c and the xdsc in 9mm and they have been great guns.
    Drgnfly likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Smith and wesson M&P9c and the springfield xdsc and the xdm compacts. Daos with 10 to 19 round capcitys. We own both the m&p9c and the xdsc in 9mm and they have been great guns.
    The Springfields and M&Ps are striker-fired precocked guns, like Glocks, not true DA. She had a FTF with my Glock 19 and wasn't happy waiting for hangfire to chamber a new round. Hence the idea of a DA/SA decocker or true DA.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    I'm a +1 on the HK P2000 SK! My 9mm is pushing 4,000 round down the pipe and my .357 Sig EDC is approaching 1,000. Never had a hick up, miss feed, stove pipe, or any issues. I converted my triggers from LEM V2 (8.0 lbs) to a LEM V1 (5.5 lbs) and they are a sweet break with a long prep. One thing additional benefit is I have the P2000 mags w/X-Grips as my reloads which give the SKs about another 1" of grip.

JMHO!
    bombthrower77 likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I know this doesn't address the three guns you listed but since others have mentioned Sigs, thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I own a Sig P238 that I love. Carry it in a PT belly band when I go running. It's a perfect size for that. My husband just bought a 938 and really likes it. It's become his primary carry gun.

I realize she's not looking for a Glock due to the FTF BUT I carry a G19 and wouldn't carry anything else. It just works. I haven't had a single issue with it and I run it well and safely. I have very small hands,even for a woman (ring size is a 4 1/2). Any gun I buy, I have to be able to work the slide and clear malfunctions safely and confidently. I can do that with Glocks, no problem. Plus, Glocks couldn't be easier to take apart and clean. I had a Springfield XDsc. I was accurate and loved shooting it but the spring was too stiff and I could not manually lock the slide back. I ended up trading it for a Glock 30sf, which I shoot even better and I got a bigger caliber to boot.

Long-winded answer but it really boils down to personal preference and how well you work all aspects of the gun, not just shooting it. Just my 2 cents.
    bombthrower77 likes this.

Update: Bought her the Beretta PX4 subcompact for a Christmas surprise since the run started before I could get her to the store. Transferred it to her Friday. She's pleased as punch.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    M&P9c all the women new to shooting love the natural point of aim and the comfort/easy of target acquisition. It is just a bit smaller then a Glock 19 but a little bigger then a Glock 26 so it is more comfortable to shoot and still easier to conceal. If you wish I have one you can shoot see as I to am in MI. Just depends on how far you are from me.. Private Post message with me. I should also be able to get a Glock 26 for her to shoot in a side by side comparsion.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

My wife loves shooting my Glock 19, but she chooses to carry a smith and wesson 637.
    candalos likes this.

My wife also loves the G19, but see what your wife thinks of an FN FNS or a HK P2000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links