New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Review

This is a discussion on New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted a review of ArmaLaser's new offering here: New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Sight Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com The Touch-Reflex activation is better on the ...

Thread: New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Review

I posted a review of ArmaLaser's new offering here: New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Sight Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com
    The Touch-Reflex activation is better on the TR1, than their Small Block. No fingers in the trigger guard to get the laser on. For under $100.00, it is a good buy for the P3AT. More versions are en route. I think it is going to be a well -eceived product line. I also added the video of them dropping an ArmaLaser-equipped Kel-Tec on to a concrete floor 100X from 10'. The laser still worked, but the gun's magazine lost an extended floorplate!

IMG_0279 copy.JPG

Randall
    Last edited by Speedyfish; November 13th, 2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added sentence

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Thanks for the review. How would you compare it with the Crimsontrace lasers ?? Thanks for any info and opinion. God Bless

Looks like some worthy competition to Crimson Trace...this should get interesting!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VBVAGUY, I have two Crimson Trace LG-405 Lasergrips on an M&P 340 and 442 revolvers. I like the CT's very much. They have the same 635 nm laser diodes as the ArmaLaser TR1. All are good products, as far as I am concerned.

10thmtn, good to hear from you. I agree, this is interesting and a boon for us in the long run!

Randall

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Looks like some worthy competition to Crimson Trace...this should get interesting!
    - The touch strip looks very easy to activate. It's nice to see CT finally getting some real competition.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

My only concern with the new Armalaser would be activation of the laser if you are wearing gloves. Seems that the unit needs direct skin contact to turn on. In that regard, the push button of the CT lasers seems to be an advantage.

However, at the price point they are selling at, I bet most would be willing to overlook that potential issue.

In the past, Armalaser would swap out the shell/housing for their laser for a nominal fee, if you bought a new gun and wanted to switch the laser over. If they still offer that program with this new model...that could be HUGE.

One more advantage for Armalaser - in pulse mode, the batteries should last longer. That's the reason Lasermax uses a pulsing laser for their guide-rod units...to get decent longevity out of those tiny batteries. While it seems counter-intuitive, a pulsing laser draws the batteries down more slowly than a constant-on unit.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; November 14th, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: more info
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Sponsored Links