Defensive Carry banner

New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Review

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  10thmtn 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted a review of ArmaLaser's new offering here: New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Sight Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com
The Touch-Reflex activation is better on the TR1, than their Small Block. No fingers in the trigger guard to get the laser on. For under $100.00, it is a good buy for the P3AT. More versions are en route. I think it is going to be a well -eceived product line. I also added the video of them dropping an ArmaLaser-equipped Kel-Tec on to a concrete floor 100X from 10'. The laser still worked, but the gun's magazine lost an extended floorplate!

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

Randall

See less See more
#5 ·
- The touch strip looks very easy to activate. It's nice to see CT finally getting some real competition.

#6 · (Edited)
My only concern with the new Armalaser would be activation of the laser if you are wearing gloves. Seems that the unit needs direct skin contact to turn on. In that regard, the push button of the CT lasers seems to be an advantage.

However, at the price point they are selling at, I bet most would be willing to overlook that potential issue.

In the past, Armalaser would swap out the shell/housing for their laser for a nominal fee, if you bought a new gun and wanted to switch the laser over. If they still offer that program with this new model...that could be HUGE.

One more advantage for Armalaser - in pulse mode, the batteries should last longer. That's the reason Lasermax uses a pulsing laser for their guide-rod units...to get decent longevity out of those tiny batteries. While it seems counter-intuitive, a pulsing laser draws the batteries down more slowly than a constant-on unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.