Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm or Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm

This is a discussion on Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm or Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all Switching interest to either the Kimber Ultra Carry II or Ultra Aegis II, both in 9mm. Both have all positive reviews that I've ...

Thread: Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm or Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm

Kimber Ultra Carry II 9mm or Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm

Hello all

Switching interest to either the Kimber Ultra Carry II or Ultra Aegis II, both in 9mm. Both have all positive reviews that I've seen online. Does anyone here have experience with either of these handguns? If so, please share. Much appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

I don't own an Ultra Carry II but I have shot one. It's a very nice pistol. Accuracy was very good, as expected. Also, I had no malfunction while shooting it.

I have a pro carry in 9mm and my mom just got the ultra CDP in 9mm. Both shoot great, although I will say hers was a little more picky on ammo during the break in period. Between the UC and the Aegis I would pick the Aegis. Comes with night sights standard, slim grips, carry melt (blended edges) and the bobbed safety. To be honest I am not a fan of the bobbed safety (I prefer a larger safety that's easier to disengage), so I would have that replaced with a standard safety. In addition, the Aegis was designed from the ground up as a 9mm 1911 whereas the UC just modified the frame to fit the 9mm. Not sure how much of a difference that makes, but its my two cents.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

What are the difference between the Ultra Aegis II and the Ultra CDP II with both being in 9mm
    Im looking at buying one or the outher

Doesn't the "II" mean something significant in the Kimber numbering system?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

hdcouple: The CDP is a tiny bit thicker than the aegis. They both have night sights, but they are different styles. The aegis has a steel slide with the black finish, while the CDP has a stainless steel slide. The aegis also comes shipped with thin grips on it already. I have never had a chance to hold the aegis, but you should be able to find a regular ultra carry somewhat easily (and that will be the same width as the CDP). I own multiple kimbers, and my mom has the CDP in the 9mm and she loves hers. For either one I would highly recommend wilson combat magazines to go with them, and they can be a little picky on ammo. PM me if you have any other questions.

highpockets: The series II guns have to do with the schwartz safety system. The series II guns have them, while the series I guns do not. This is basically the same as a series 70 colt vs the series 80.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I would get the Aegis as it was develpoed for the 9mm and not retrofitted. The II in Kimber models indicates that the gun has the new firing pin safety mechanism.
    Sig Sauer P226 .40 - HD
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 - EDC

Links