HELP! The "Dark Side" of the force is so strong! - Page 3

HELP! The "Dark Side" of the force is so strong!

This is a discussion on HELP! The "Dark Side" of the force is so strong! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DAVE imho your simply evil and bad with the above post bud ... other than that ***** ......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    DAVE imho your simply evil and bad with the above post bud ... other than that ***** ...
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Yeah Dave but my problem is my drug of choice so far isn't just Glock!

I have a SIG addiction, a Springfield addiction and a S&W addiction too!

(I've even used flint and steel to burn black powder!)

I'm just sick... very very sick!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

What would the out the door price be for a G27 and would it come with an extra mag?

im not a big fan of glocks but there is just something about them isnt there? i just dont get it. i dont own one.......yet.....but that may change in the future.

I'm sure most of you Glock owners have seen this, but for those who are tempted by the dark side...Link:

http://theprepared.com/index.php?opt...d=90&Itemid=40

My son owns a Glock. That means that I don't have to. The only plastic pistol I've ever owned shot water. Really I'm sure they are good pistols, just not for me.

All in fun, RR, all in fun.

Dave.

I very recently got turned onto glocks. I assisted a friend who is an NRA instructor / NRA instructor counselor during a range day. He comped me one of the kydex holsters his company manufacturers (for helping him). problem is, it only came in glock, SA XD or 1911.
    Dry fired the XD, reset toooo long, and I'm not fond of manually operated safeties, so I chose the glock.

Got the glock, plus 2 more (I couldn't stop at one). The glock is so easy to shoot, trigger reset is short, parts are abundant, my wife likes it, can completely disassemble and reassemble it easily, can install night sights easily, get a 22lr conversion for it, and truglo TFO sights are available for it. Great gun. Downsides to me are: (1) no passive safety "type" device for reholstering, i.e., external hammer OR grip type safety. My current solution, only go kydex for holsters. (2) plastic magazines. Just can't warm up to the plastic magazines, but no reliability issues, so it is just a perception issue., (3) grip angle - it is NOT a problem. Shooting the glocks, if I transfer to a non-glock, I shoot low at first. If I shoot a non-glock for bit, then transfer to a glock, I shoot high at first. The optimal solution I see is to standardize on glock or non-glock. If I switch off, I just dry fire for a few minutes and all is well.

I won't get rid of my HKs, Walthers and others, but I will definitley keep the glocks. And I am carrying the glock more and more now.

VIP Member
    +1 sojourner,

This addiction to guns sure is expensive though... I'm already thinking about how I can get another new gun! Like women... I just love 'em all!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I too fell under the spell of GLOCK- first the 19, the 26. I had found true religion, and then, I saw it.......The XD!. It had the desirable features of the Glock, but added a grip safety, tactile as well as visual loaded chamber and striker cocked indicators, and a better grip angle. It was....The SUPER GLOCK!. I saw, and it was good! Now I walk the path of the XD, proudly, with my head held high.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    Thumper! Your becoming one of us! Love the 23, but carry the 30 as a backup (backup?). The only reason the 23 is primary is higher mag capacity, and I did drop in a 357 Sig barrel, so it is a little faster than the .40. Welcome to the Dark Plastic Side...
    John, I have that same setup in my 23c, that .357sig is a screamer. And in less than a min. back to .40cal some times out in the rural area stores there is not a lot of choices in ammo for the .357sig
    but I'm sure anything in it is better than spitting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links