SIG Sauer P250 Grip, old vs. new

This is a discussion on SIG Sauer P250 Grip, old vs. new within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My P250 is an older one with the first generation grip. They changed the grip style I believe in 2009. Does anyone one know why? ...

Thread: SIG Sauer P250 Grip, old vs. new

SIG Sauer P250 Grip, old vs. new

My P250 is an older one with the first generation grip. They changed the grip style I believe in 2009. Does anyone one know why? I've found the newer grip frame online for around $50. What is the advantage to the new one? I know they changed the rail slightly, is that it?And finally, if I did get the new grip frame, will my old magazine fit in the new grip? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

My first 250 had the old frame. My understanding is that the design was changed because of a request by some govt. agency during testing. It might have been the air marshals. The rail was also changed from curved to flat.

Modern magazines will not fit, but you can do what I did. You can purchase the base for the new magazines, and swap them out, it's simple to do, and then they will fit flush into the newer frame.

I bought an X-change kit in in 40 S&W and wanted to be able to easily switch between 40 and 9mm. The X-change kit was Gen2 so the 9mm mags I had would not seat in that frame. By modernizing the 9mm mags I'm now able to just change the slide/barrel back & forth on the same frame to switch calibers. It's pretty neat!

Thanks.. That answered my question.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Links