Confused myself

Confused myself

This is a discussion on Confused myself within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When the Shield was first introduced I right away got on the list at my favorite gun shop. Well they finally called and it came ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BenGoodLuck

Thread: Confused myself

Confused myself

When the Shield was first introduced I right away got on the list at my favorite gun shop. Well they finally called and it came in. Now during all this wait time I had time to think about it and consider all options. I still really want it but would it make more sense to just get a XDSC 9mm, since I already have and love a XD9. That way I could interchange mags and have the same controls. I do not carry my XD9 IWB and want this new gun for that purpose. Do you think the Shield would really be that much easier to conceal comfortably than a slightly thicker (.2) XDSC?

Thanks

IWB a quarter of an inch can seem like a big deal. I would still get it and with the way things are going regarding supply you could probably sell it easily if you decide you would rather go with the XDsc. Good luck!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

GH
    Personally I'd go with what I'm familiar with. On the other hand having something "different" is always nice, too, lol. Compatibility between guns is nice to have as you've already thought. The Shield will conceal better in an IWB I'll bet but either way it shouldn't make much difference.

Either way you decide I think you'll have a fine pistol to go along with your XD9.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Thanks guys for the input. I am going there tomorrow after work to make a decision.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    Thanks guys for the input. I am going there tomorrow after work to make a decision.
    Why decide? Get both!
    pfries and Lish like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Why decide? Get both!
    LOL, for marital harmony is why. I will more than likely have both eventually. So many guns not enough funds to spare with a young family.

Well I picked up the shield and it is noticeably thinner than my XD. I will be a happy camper if it proves to be as reliable.

Good call on the purchase. Even if you decided you didn't like it, I'm sure you could sell it for a profit due to how scarce they are at the moment. I see people bidding over $650 for them on GunBroker.

I held one in my hand. I didn't like it. I' d get the MP9c myself.

LOL, for marital harmony is why. I will more than likely have both eventually. So many guns not enough funds to spare with a young family.
    Just encourage your wife to watch the news more, soon she will suggesting you may want o pick up a few more.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Well I picked up the shield and it is noticeably thinner than my XD. I will be a happy camper if it proves to be as reliable.
    You'll be happy with your choice :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Links