Shield just came in

This is a discussion on Shield just came in within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a call from my LGS. My Shield, which has been on reserve for 6 months, just came in. When I reserved it ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Shield just came in

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Shield just came in

I just got a call from my LGS. My Shield, which has been on reserve for 6 months, just came in. When I reserved it I was 14th on the list. I get it this weekend, just in time for the Zombie Apocalypse....
    accessbob, Duality and pittypat21 like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I just got a call from my LGS. My Shield, which has been on reserve for 6 months, just came in. When I reserved it I was 14th on the list. I get it this weekend, just in time for the Zombie Apocalypse....
    Congratulations! Happy shooting. My wife loves hers and I will eventually get one I'm sure.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Finally, you get the gun you've been waiting for. Almost like waiting for a holster, eh?

Congrats on the new Shield. You'll love it. It's a great pistol.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Comgrats! Glad i didnt have to wait that long! I'd go insane

Quote Originally Posted by MP.carrying.MP View Post
    Comgrats! Glad i didnt have to wait that long! I'd go insane
    I hear ya, I made phone calls to two gun shops and found mine on the second call. They had two Shields. I asked them to hold one for me and that I'd be there in an hour. When I arrived, they were just finishing up the paperwork selling the other one to some guy who had wanted to buy both of them. I consider myself lucky to get mine as easy as I did.

I told them I was very happy they kept their word and didn't sell the guy both guns. I've since bought two other guns from them to show my loyalty.
    accessbob likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I had a similar situation. I called around for about a month with no luck. I ended up buying a LC9 instead, the gun was okay but it was a bit to small for my hands. Randomly one day i decided to call the 2 guns stores that didnt have a waiting list just to see. Low and behold one of them had a couple so I went and picked one up. The gun is amazing, and needless to say that i sold the LC9 a couple days later.

I ordered a holster from White Hat Holsters and that just came in the other day also. Its pretty sweet since they have several options for the leather and you can order custom kydex to make the holster a little more mine. The best part is, you can order a kydex piece for any gun you want to carry, all you do is swap the kydex. Essentially, one holster for multiple guns instead of a holster for every gun. Saves money so i can buy more guns! If you are in need of a holster you should check them out @ WhiteHatHolsters.com

Yea whitehat holsters look great and love the idea of replaceable kydex. Im thinking Crossbreed because they have a mini tuck with less leather for smaller firearms. Plus takes cost down. For a full size ima def gona go WH though

Love my Shield in 40

I use remora holster
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Congrats and great news! I have a feeling every one that ships is only going to be filling back-orders, though :(

cant wait to get mine i got mine on order yesterday dealer said he usually gets one about every month, so now the fun begins on shoppin for a holster
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow04 View Post
    cant wait to get mine i got mine on order yesterday dealer said he usually gets one about every month, so now the fun begins on shoppin for a holster
    But how many people are already in line in front of you?

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    But how many people are already in line in front of you?
    i am the next one, if that person in front of me yesterday would not have said she wanted it it would have been mine. damn the luck lol
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow04 View Post
    i am the next one, if that person in front of me yesterday would not have said she wanted it it would have been mine. damn the luck lol
    Well that's still pretty good considering that most places in my area have either never gotten them or have actually stopped taking pre-payments altogether because the delivery from S&W has been so slow.

I'm at the top of the list too. I really hope to get my Shield in before Christmas.

Shield just came in

Yeah this is the only one in my area that has seen a shield in multiple months and they are the only one that does waiting list, he just asked for 1/3 of the price down
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Links