Just bought...

Just bought...

This is a discussion on Just bought... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; a brand spankin new H&K USP Compact in .45 that will be my primary carry piece once my permit comes through. As the permit process ...

Thread: Just bought...

Just bought...

a brand spankin new H&K USP Compact in .45 that will be my primary carry piece once my permit comes through. As the permit process in CA takes a month or two here, I'll have plenty of time to break it in. I can't wait to pick it up (on the 15th) so I can put a couple thousand rounds through it.

One thing I noticed about it when I was fondling it yesterday was how stiff the slide is compared to my Ruger P90. It sure felt great in my hands though.

I would love to hear people's experience with this gun. Fire away!!!

Administrator
    Congrats...you bought yourself one of the finest handguns out there.

I have a USP in 40Cal and I love it. Shoots well, and carries well also.........GREAT choice!
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Please explain

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    a brand spankin new H&K USP Compact in .45 that will be my primary carry piece once my permit comes through. As the permit process in CA takes a month or two here, I'll have plenty of time to break it in. I can't wait to pick it up (on the 15th) so I can put a couple thousand rounds through it.

One thing I noticed about it when I was fondling it yesterday was how stiff the slide is compared to my Ruger P90. It sure felt great in my hands though.

I would love to hear people's experience with this gun. Fire

away!!!

Could you please explain "STIFF" in regards to the slide ? Personally I have found that the H&K USP series is the most easy to manually cycle the weapon compared to almost any other automatic handgun.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Could you please explain "STIFF" in regards to the slide ? Personally I have found that the H&K USP series is the most easy to manually cycle the weapon compared to almost any other automatic handgun.
    Compared to my P90 it was a bit tougher. It could be that I am not used to the gun. It is configured different, and when trying to engage the slide lock it felt a bit awkward. I was not overly concerned about it as I know I will get used to it after a few hundred rounds.

Good Choice

You've picked a gun that is lightweight, accurate and very reliable. Now the only question is what kind of holster and ammunition to use with it. Since the gun will probably cycle and eject any .45 ACP ammo on the planet, you have a wide choice on ammo.

Welcome to the H&K club.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    You've picked a gun that is lightweight, accurate and very reliable. Now the only question is what kind of holster and ammunition to use with it. Since the gun will probably cycle and eject any .45 ACP ammo on the planet, you have a wide choice on ammo.

Welcome to the H&K club.
    The holster question is one that weighs heavily on my mind. I will definately go IWB, most likely tuckable. I've been looking at the links provided in this forum and there are a ton of options. My biggest concern is the turn around between ordering and actually getting your holster.

Congrats...

and...check out the Fist, Inc... site on the internet...4-5 weeks turn-a-round time for a 'quality' product...it doesn't cost anything to look...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hk uses a heavier slide spring than the ruger so it will be stiffer

As for a compact i cant say but my Hk usp has been pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    Hk uses a heavier slide spring than the ruger so it will be stiffer

As for a compact i cant say but my Hk usp has been pretty much flawless
    I noticed a huge difference, I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I have a ruger P89. Every auto seems stiff compared to it. If it shoots great, which I'm sure it will, then don't worry about it. Shoot a few boxes through it and it may get a little softer.

I am considering the same gun right now. I have not decided what caliber gun I want. Once I figure that out I can narrow it down to model.

I just ordered a Tucker Heritage IWB holster for my Bersa. It is not here yet so I can't say anything about it but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

los
    I CC a USPc45 for about a year. It was one of the most accurate weapons I had ever owned. It ate anything I fed it. Not one FTF or FTE issue.

My biggest complaint was the width/girth of the grip. I carried the HK in a Mitch Rosen 5JR (owb) holster that concealed it well,..just not well enough.

I sold it a few years ago and purchased a Kimber S/S Ultra Carry (original series). The Kimber concealed much better specially after replacing the original grips with thin CC grips. You can't do that with the HK.

The HK USPc45 is one hell of a handgun. If you can find an optimum way to conceal that doesn't compromise comfort,...you've got yourself a great CCW!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    You have chosen a winner. I have a USPc in .40 S&W and it has been flawless. I carry IWB in a K&D and it conceals extremely well. Have fun and shoot safe.

Links