My new carry gun :D

This is a discussion on My new carry gun :D within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; photo(5).jpg Well, I've been a little slow on posting this. I've had a new range/carry gun for about a week or two now. A Colt ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool
  • 1 Post By DefConGun

Thread: My new carry gun :D

Talking My new carry gun :D

photo(5).jpgWell, I've been a little slow on posting this. I've had a new range/carry gun for about a week or two now. A Colt Gold Cup Trophy. It's a .45 with a 5" barrel. I'm lovin this thing It has a VERY smooth and crisp trigger pull with a very short reset. Not to mention it's pretty ;) It was ordered online and picked up new for about $1,160 + $25 transfer fee. Just thought I'd share. Let me know what you guys think/
    Last edited by Erick46590; November 17th, 2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to post a picture >_<
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Pics?
    JUST uploaded one. Almost forgot to post it.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

I've been a fan of 1911's for many years, and the Gold Cup is a fine specimen (hell, more than just fine). Congrats!
    Erick46590 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I've been a fan of 1911's for many years, and the Gold Cup is a fine specimen (hell, more than just fine). Congrats!
    Thank you! :D Got another hundred rounds a few hours ago. Gonna shoot them this afternoon. Trying to find some decent cheaper range ammo that functions well on a budget. Blazer brass seems to work really well, that's about $26/box. Got some stuff from walmart for like $19.97/box PPU I think? Never shot this stuff before, hopefully it works well.

A Colt Gold Cup as a carry gun? That'll work. A bit large for me, but a wonderful gun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Very nice gun. Congrats on the new addition! ;-)
    Erick46590 likes this.

Nice gun. Congrats.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Colt Gold Cup

The Colt Gold Cup is an excellent gun. I've owned several of them for about 20 years and use them as range guns. They have been reliable and accurate with good trigger feel.

I'm surprised to see a Gold Cup used as a carry gun. They weigh about 38 ounces empty with a 5 inch barrel and have a large, sharp rear sight which can snag on clothing during the draw. I like to carry a 1911, but always found my Gold Cups to be uncomfortably large for this. My favorite 1911 for carry is a Colt Defender, an aluminum frame gun with 3 inch barrel weighing 24 ounces empty. I had mine dehorned by a gunsmith to remove the sharp edges on the slide so that it goes into the holster more easily and doesn't scratch my hand (I wish Colt would do this at the factory).

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Great looking 1911...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new carry gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Were they all out of Kimbers? ;)
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Sponsored Links