Leap of faith, bought a Kahr CM9 - Page 3

Leap of faith, bought a Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on Leap of faith, bought a Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They are ok, mine worked pretty well. Trigger was decent, superbly easy to carry. Had a couple FTF's every now and then due to the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leap of faith, bought a Kahr CM9

They are ok, mine worked pretty well. Trigger was decent, superbly easy to carry.

Had a couple FTF's every now and then due to the magazine design. I got a little sick of my pinky getting pinched between the magazine and bottom of the grip frame...so I modified my grip to have my pinky under the magazine.

The day I slid the base plate off the bottom of my magazine while shooting was the day I sold it. I'm leary of the Khar's now.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    foo909 Seems some guys like you are just not ment to shoot small heavier recoiling pistols sometimes. I will be darned if i can figure out how people pinch there fingers or slide the base off unless they did not get the botton back in the hole in the base. But a simple pierce extention or a base off a pm type mag gives that little extra some seem to need. Bet if you had added something to add control to your grip like one of the slip on from hogue or just some inner tube pieces added to your grip your mag issues would have gone away. Most all mag problems relate to gun control problems. My youngest girl is all of 100 lbs and had the same problems with my cm9 as you haveing short strokes and nose dives . After some schooling on control and a inner tube on the grip she shoots mine better than me but just hates the recoil.

Ah but I have no problems out of a J-frame smith shooting .357's. So maybe you should step up there, big boy.

You can criticize all you wish. The fact is the gun was not 100 percent reliable for me, it has a flawed magazine design. It went down the road. It's an ok firearm but it has its shortcomings like most other small semi automatics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links