1911 is having surgery

This is a discussion on 1911 is having surgery within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well the addiction to 1911 has begun. Had it less than 3 weeks and its already going for surgery. Dropped it to the LGS on ...

Thread: 1911 is having surgery

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar

1911 is having surgery

Well the addiction to 1911 has begun. Had it less than 3 weeks and its already going for surgery. Dropped it to the LGS on friday for Slide refinish in cerakote, National Match trigger & Mepalight night sights. Will post pictures when it comes back to me in 2 weeks.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

1911 is having surgery

Fantastic. I hope you like the Cerakote as much as I do. I was skeptical at first but the job done on my commander is incredible and very functional.

What pistol are you having worked on and what color Cerakote are you going with?
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

What kind of 1911 is it? Are they doing anything to the action or just putting in a trigger? I'll be looking forward to the pics.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Very cool. I look forward to seeing the end result, which I'm sure will be a beautiful and functional pistol.

In 1911 surgery, do they use Hoppe's #9 for an IV?
    Fer pete's sake, tell us what 1911 variant is under the knife!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    It is my RIA 1911 Officer Model. I am going for a black cerakote on the slide. As far as the trigger goes I asked for a trigger job so I would hope he does some work on the internals along with install of the trigger. but will ask when I pick it up.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Links