Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

This is a discussion on Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :( within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 3wggl Normally I wouldn't put so much weight into what I read on the various forums but there is a worrying consistency ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Normally I wouldn't put so much weight into what I read on the various forums but there is a worrying consistency to the customer service and performance complaints.
    People will complain when something doesn't work.

People will not make any noise when something works as expected.

This is why you hear so much negativity about certain products and/or services online. One person says they have a problem and before you know it everyone else who is having an issue has searched it, found the comment and added their own.

It gives a false impression of how large a particular problem is. 99% of products sold could work just fine, but the 1% of defective products can shine a bad light on the product due to a vocal minority of dissatisfied customers.

Take Hi-Point. I've never personally seen one malfunction or known anyone who has one that malfunctioned. Look on the internet and we're informed they are junkyard jam-o-matics and are quite likely to explode in your hand, an opinion that a lot of the time seems to be based on the price point and rumour rather than actual experience with their firearms.

2. Remove Ads

With a dremel all my problems disappear or become bigger ones
    glockman10mm and rottkeeper like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

@Zonker,
    I'm sorry, but I do disagree with you on the SureFire point. If the thing fits on every other pistol he has, to include another Glock, how in the world is that an issue with SureFire? Should they put on their packaging, "Can be used with all firearms except Glock 30 because they decided to be unique with that one"? Not likely. If it's only happening with that pistol, I think we can find the least common denominator here, and odds are pretty good it's only this one particular G30 and not all of them.
    As for issues with Glocks, you know the Gen 4's were riddled with issues at first, especially the G19. Well, riddled may be a bit of an overstatement. If you're denying that, you're just as bad as those people who bash Glocks without ever even firing them. You're buying into an ideology that you're not willing to deviate from. If this is the case, so be it. Just recognize it for what it is.

[QUOTE=Alex_C;2457514]People will complain when something doesn't work.

People will not make any noise when something works as expected.

This is why you hear so much negativity about certain products and/or services online. One person says they have a problem and before you know it everyone else who is having an issue has searched it, found the comment and added their own.

One 'oh Sh..' sinks 10,000 'Atta Boys!' every day.

I am here to take any of those " problem riddled" guns off anyone's hands for free! Especially those Colts and Glocks. I'll even pay the shipping!
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    With a dremel all my problems disappear or become bigger ones
    Just say no to Dremel tools, lol.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

If you get a Ruger, then you won't have these problems. Customer service is amazing.
    Personally never figured out what to put on a rail. I used the training of flashlight in the other hand and high or low-away from my body in left hand (I'm a righty). A light makes a GREAT target for someone else to shoot at, as well as following a laser beam right back to the gun and you. Night sights really light up your face as well and it makes a great target for the enemy-I paint a little fishing lure phosphorus glow paint on just the front blade. Maybe a bayonete knife would work good on the gun? Hosters? Call Don Hume and you'll probably find one reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    @Zonker,
    I'm sorry, but I do disagree with you on the SureFire point. If the thing fits on every other pistol he has, to include another Glock, how in the world is that an issue with SureFire? Should they put on their packaging, "Can be used with all firearms except Glock 30 because they decided to be unique with that one"? Not likely. If it's only happening with that pistol, I think we can find the least common denominator here, and odds are pretty good it's only this one particular G30 and not all of them.
    As for issues with Glocks, you know the Gen 4's were riddled with issues at first, especially the G19. Well, riddled may be a bit of an overstatement. If you're denying that, you're just as bad as those people who bash Glocks without ever even firing them. You're buying into an ideology that you're not willing to deviate from. If this is the case, so be it. Just recognize it for what it is.
    wouldn't know. I only own Gen 2 and Gen3 Glocks. I don't have girlie hands that need replaceable backstraps.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Not a Glock puppet myself, that said, I have always felt that you can spend a lot more money on much less of a gun than a Glock--I've always been pleased with the ones I've owned or carried. I have to echo others to say that the problem is not with the Glock proper. Glock, as all other manufacturers whose literature I've read, pretty much have the blanket disclaimer as to aftermarket (non-Glock) add-ons. Outside of a flaw that impairs the weapon's ability to operate as designed, there probably really isn't much they can or would do.

BTW, if you want to contend with really lame service on an absolute weapon flaw, try dealing with SIG in NH.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

I don't really know what you expected with that phone call, a magical fairy to come out of your phones speaker and make your light fit? Get real. You even said yourself that the glock 30 is bigger then the 21. 0.02 inches is a lot when these things are made to exact measurements. What you need to do is find another light that will work on the glock 30.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DocT65 View Post

BTW, if you want to contend with really lame service on an absolute weapon flaw, try dealing with SIG in NH.
    I don't know what your talking about but I've had nothing but perfect service from SIG. I've gotten free stuff replacement night sights free. Way larger discounts on mags then I should have. They have perfected customer service.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Haven't seen where you called Surefire and asked them to help with the issue.
    I had not had time to get to Surefire yet as they don't appear to be the problem to me. BUT, I have now had time and their response was that:
    1) they have not heard of problems fitting the X300 to the G30,
    2) it sounds like the weapon may be a bit out of spec,
    3) please DO NOT sand or modify the weapon and
    4) we will send you a new set of rails that you can modify to fit the gun - free of charge.

Looks like we have bracketed the day by getting poor customer service from Glock (which appears to be the source of the issue) and exemplary customer service from Surefire (which does not really appear to have culpability in the issue.)
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Would be interesting to take your light to a gun store and try it on another G30, just to see what happens. FWIW, my Glock tac light fits just fine on both my G19 and my G30.

Glad Surefire is helping you out.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I have a G21 (3rd gen) and a G30 (3rd gen) as well as a G22 (2 gen). I have had nothing but good service from these weapons and I don't plan to change them out, BUT, Glock's customer service is abismal.

I have a Surefire X300 rail-mounted weapon light that normally rides on the G21. Well, the G21 is off to BTC for a red dot, so I took the light off. When I tried to put it on the G30 for night duty, it was almost impossible to get on and worse to get off. I then tried the light on every other rail-equipped gun I have an it works fine with them. I had also noted earlier that the G30 will not fit into holsters that are broken in for the G21 as the G30 is too wide to get in and out without much effort.

So, I call Glock and get their tech service. The only thing the technician can do is keep repeating the party line that the holster and light are 3rd party equipment and Glock does not recommend the use of 3rd party equipment. We went over the fact that the specs are for each gun to be the same width and the rails should be the same width. He then simply keeps repeating the party line with the added info that the holster and light must be out of spec and I need to call their manufacturers. I finally hung up in frustration.

I like my Glocks, but that interchange has convinced me that I have all of their product that I need to have.

If you have the same set-up. Have you tried the light on the G30? How did it fit? I appreciate your input or that from others.
    I can see how you can be upset. Glock is at a standstill in my opinion. They are depending on one weapon platform, that has offered very little in terms of new products, to keep them at the top, while other manufacturers are trying hard to listen to what the consumer wants, and updating what they have to offer. GLock, ya better pick it up, and keep us interested in new products...or else my money will go elsewhere.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I am glad Glock has remained true to it's design. They build a proven and time tested gun, on a platform that works and has proven it's durability beyond a doubt.
    For me, its like a Colt 1911. There is no need to look any farther, unless you cannot adapt to the guns. There are other companies out there willing to scramble at the whim of the shooters who can't shoot or don't like their gun.

IMO, I'd rather have something I can count on to work everytime under all conditions, than to by a scaled down and weakened mouse gun. If I need a pocket gun, there is another proven and unchanged designed called the j frame that fits the bill.

Yes Glock, keep doin what you are doin! You have served me well since my first one in 1988, and I have learned to adapt to your gun, because it works, it's accurate, and it's reliable, rather than cry about stupid things called ergos, or softer grips for my little hands.
    Keep them coming as they are!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links