Defensive Carry banner

Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

7K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  ksholder 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a G21 (3rd gen) and a G30 (3rd gen) as well as a G22 (2 gen). I have had nothing but good service from these weapons and I don't plan to change them out, BUT, Glock's customer service is abismal.

I have a Surefire X300 rail-mounted weapon light that normally rides on the G21. Well, the G21 is off to BTC for a red dot, so I took the light off. When I tried to put it on the G30 for night duty, it was almost impossible to get on and worse to get off. I then tried the light on every other rail-equipped gun I have an it works fine with them. I had also noted earlier that the G30 will not fit into holsters that are broken in for the G21 as the G30 is too wide to get in and out without much effort.

So, I call Glock and get their tech service. The only thing the technician can do is keep repeating the party line that the holster and light are 3rd party equipment and Glock does not recommend the use of 3rd party equipment. We went over the fact that the specs are for each gun to be the same width and the rails should be the same width. He then simply keeps repeating the party line with the added info that the holster and light must be out of spec and I need to call their manufacturers. I finally hung up in frustration.

I like my Glocks, but that interchange has convinced me that I have all of their product that I need to have.

If you have the same set-up. Have you tried the light on the G30? How did it fit? I appreciate your input or that from others.

See less See more
#47 · (Edited)
Dave - I hear you on the rails, but even the Glock rep told me that the G21 & G30 are the same width and should fit in the same holsters. His explanation for why the G30 will not fit in the G21 holster without jamming it in and being very difficult to extract and why the G21 has no retention in the G30's holster was the holsters must be defective - go figure.

Oh well, over time I may attenuate my position, but I have been in the market for a high-cap 9mm. I was at my LGS showing off my Shield which I put XS sights on (big dot). They were opening some new shipments and I noted that the FN FS9mm had night sights. It appeared to be in between the G17 & G19 in size. Actually, it is shorter than either Glock (7.25 versus 7.36 & 8.03 for the Glocks), wider than the Glocks (1.33* versus 1.18) and .07 taller than the G17 and .46 taller than the G19. It also comes with 3 17 round mags and a pretty sweet trigger, which I understand gets even better with shooting (which happens to most guns regardless of manufacturer).

To make a long story short, I bought the FN. Now I have to find a holster for it and put a few rounds down range to see how it performs. If it performs as expected, I will have to get a few more mags for it. FWIW, the FN with factory night sights was about the same prices as the G19 without night sights and then there was a $50 mail in rebate to boot.

Well. after cleaning my new gun, I figured I would see how my X300 light fit on it. It slid right on just like on my G21 and other rail-equipped guns (except the G30).

* - The FN Web site says the width is 1.55, but my measurements show the widest part is the ambi safety at 1.33.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.