Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :( - Page 3

Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

This is a discussion on Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :( within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 I don't have girlie hands that need replaceable backstraps. Not trying to start anything, but when you mentioned backstraps, what do ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I don't have girlie hands that need replaceable backstraps.
    Not trying to start anything, but when you mentioned backstraps, what do you mean? Folks want the different backstrap sizes for comfort for their soft hands? I guess I thought they were there for different hand sizes. No matter to me I have long fingers so the largest backstrap works for me, and I would have bought mine even if it did not come with the different backstraps.

wouldn't know. I only own Gen 2 and Gen3 Glocks. I don't have girlie hands that need replaceable backstraps.
    So if someone has small or medium size hands they have girlie hands? Does that mean someone with large hands is a Neanderthal?

I like replaceable back straps, because my hands are medium sized. I'm glad that your hands are sized such that you don't need replaceable back straps. A lot of people aren't that lucky.
    OldVet likes this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I am glad Glock has remained true to it's design. They build a proven and time tested gun, on a platform that works and has proven it's durability beyond a doubt.
    For me, its like a Colt 1911. There is no need to look any farther, unless you cannot adapt to the guns. There are other companies out there willing to scramble at the whim of the shooters who can't shoot or don't like their gun.

IMO, I'd rather have something I can count on to work everytime under all conditions, than to by a scaled down and weakened mouse gun. If I need a pocket gun, there is another proven and unchanged designed called the j frame that fits the bill.

Yes Glock, keep doin what you are doin! You have served me well since my first one in 1988, and I have learned to adapt to your gun, because it works, it's accurate, and it's reliable, rather than cry about stupid things called ergos, or softer grips for my little hands.
    Keep them coming as they are!
    I agree with you. I believe the Glock will be around 100 years from now like the 1911 is now. It is time proven and works. My beef is not so much with the gun or its design, but the customer service. I wonder if 100 years from now if there will be Glock, Inc. making Glocks or 25 companies making Glock pattern guns. Time will tell.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I have a G21 (3rd gen) and a G30 (3rd gen) as well as a G22 (2 gen). I have had nothing but good service from these weapons and I don't plan to change them out, BUT, Glock's customer service is abismal.

I have a Surefire X300 rail-mounted weapon light that normally rides on the G21. Well, the G21 is off to BTC for a red dot, so I took the light off. When I tried to put it on the G30 for night duty, it was almost impossible to get on and worse to get off. I then tried the light on every other rail-equipped gun I have an it works fine with them. I had also noted earlier that the G30 will not fit into holsters that are broken in for the G21 as the G30 is too wide to get in and out without much effort.

So, I call Glock and get their tech service. The only thing the technician can do is keep repeating the party line that the holster and light are 3rd party equipment and Glock does not recommend the use of 3rd party equipment. We went over the fact that the specs are for each gun to be the same width and the rails should be the same width. He then simply keeps repeating the party line with the added info that the holster and light must be out of spec and I need to call their manufacturers. I finally hung up in frustration.

I like my Glocks, but that interchange has convinced me that I have all of their product that I need to have.

If you have the same set-up. Have you tried the light on the G30? How did it fit? I appreciate your input or that from others.
    I'm really curious about this issue. I definitely wouldn't expect it from Glock. Could you please provide some more information so we know exactly what the problem is? is it the width of rail? the position of the slot? Some other dimension? Would you be willing to take a few pictures of the light where it binds and fails to attach?

Thanks!
    Clay

Everyone has been trying to catch glock ever since they realized glock knew what they were doing. Glock has changed the way guns are made.
    Look around plastic and stamped metal everywhere. Oh some still go all metal but if you are looking for durability at a price its going to look like a glock no matter who is making it. Its way to easy to fix a little problem like a light that wont fit. I wonder if glock has a light that will fit?
    Just some thoughts based on whats been said in this thread.

yes, never buy a gun based on internet chatter. I bought Glocks long before there was an internet, and have never had a failure or issue of any kind.....so you see, its not the Glock that is the problem,
    but rather the internet BS that seems to grow like a mushroom cloud. Talk to people that own a few Glocks, and you will most likely get an entirely different story than you read on the
    internet forums where it is now in style to bash a Glock.....just like this ridiculous post. You can't get a light to fit your Glock, and that is somehow Glock's fault? Seriously? Haven't seen where
    you called Surefire and asked them to help with the issue.
    Visiting the Glock forums, it appears to me (based on comments from the board's senior members) it's an accepted fact that current (2010 and newer) models often suffer from BTF issues that start up somewhere between 300-1000 rounds. A friend of mine is a Glock enthusiast and he's sworn off current model Glocks and won't buy anything newer than 2006. Sounds like anything made prior to 2006 is perfect...perhaps that's what you have.

You're right though...can't get too caught up in the hooplah. I might just have the pick up a Gen 4 G26 and see what goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Visiting the Glock forums, it appears to me (based on comments from the board's senior members) it's an accepted fact that current (2010 and newer) models often suffer from BTF issues that start up somewhere between 300-1000 rounds. A friend of mine is a Glock enthusiast and he's sworn off current model Glocks and won't buy anything newer than 2006. Sounds like anything made prior to 2006 is perfect...perhaps that's what you have.

You're right though...can't get too caught up in the hooplah. I might just have the pick up a Gen 4 G26 and see what goes.
    My Gen 4 26 has been flawless for over 1k rounds
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If I was dating a girl that I really liked, who was cute & cooked well, who liked shooting & fishing & knew college basketball, who's Mom was lean & pretty & even tempered, and who's Poppa had a big ol' pile of money, I don't think I would break-up with her because I had one bad phone conversation with her fat, ugly second cousin. I'm not a GLOCK fanboy, but I do regularly carry a G19. IMHO, you are going to miss them more than they...miss you.
    speaking of college basketball.....How bout them Hoosiers?!

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I had not had time to get to Surefire yet as they don't appear to be the problem to me. BUT, I have now had time and their response was that:
    1) they have not heard of problems fitting the X300 to the G30,
    2) it sounds like the weapon may be a bit out of spec,
    3) please DO NOT sand or modify the weapon and
    4) we will send you a new set of rails that you can modify to fit the gun - free of charge.

Looks like we have bracketed the day by getting poor customer service from Glock (which appears to be the source of the issue) and exemplary customer service from Surefire (which does not really appear to have culpability in the issue.)
    problem solved! good for you.

If you read "Glock The rise of Americas Gun," you'll understand why there CS is the way it is.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

you might have a problem and you might not. i know that on my duty glock 23 my light is hard to get off. when i had a glock 22 the same light went on and off easy. but this is a small problem to me and i am not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. when it come to glock customer service i have never had any problems with them when i go to the factory for work. they have rebuild several older glocks for me while i waited at no charge. the person you got on the phone was stating the glock party line. you can bet glock get several calls a day from people that are trying to get over on them.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Glock did put out some with a picatinny rail. Any chance that one of yours is picatinny and the other is a Glock rail? They are different. I stole a picture off the web so you can see the difference.
    Attached Images
    Glock Certified Armorer

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post

My only true beef with Glock is their no lead / no handload stance. It's a culpability cop out in my opinion. Doesn't mean I don't still shoot my SWC through my G19 and G30, but still it rubs me wrong a bit. Oh well, if that's the only problem with the gun, I'll keep blasting away with them.
    That's pretty much the same warning most gun makers give, not "just Glock." Any company these days wants to CYA.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Something you might want to try:

1. Loosen the six screws that attach the rails to the x300.

2. With screws loosened check if the Surefire slides onto the frame rail.

3. If it fits, tighten the screws.

RT
    yes, never buy a gun based on internet chatter. I bought Glocks long before there was an internet, and have never had a failure or issue of any kind.....so you see, its not the Glock that is the problem,
    but rather the internet BS that seems to grow like a mushroom cloud. Talk to people that own a few Glocks, and you will most likely get an entirely different story than you read on the
    internet forums where it is now in style to bash a Glock.....just like this ridiculous post. You can't get a light to fit your Glock, and that is somehow Glock's fault? Seriously? Haven't seen where
    you called Surefire and asked them to help with the issue.
    It very well could be Glock's fault that the light doesn't fit given that, per the replies here, at least one other Glock owner out there has not experienced the same problem with light interchangeability between the exact same model and others. Every manufacturer lets something defective slip through the cracks from time to time. Is it impossible for Glock to produce a weapon that is defective in some manner? According to the OP, the CS representative he spoke with sure seemed to think so. I would be rather ticked also if I spoke with CS and the response I got from them came off sounding like, "Here at Glock, we make no mistakes, therefore the problem must be with the inferior workmanship of that third party accessory. Should have bought Glock accessories." That said, I probably would have called back and spoken with someone else in CS before writing them off altogether, as a bad experience with one rep may not be indicative of their customer service as a whole.

I'm not a big fan of hanging lights, lasers, etc. on a pistol, but to each their own. If I was in the OP's shoes and having the ability to switch the light from gun to gun was important to me, I would expect Glock to check it out and make sure the rail was within spec. The rails should be the same, except for a difference in length, even though the dimensions of the guns are different. If it was found that the rail was out of spec, Glock could then either try to fix it or, more likely, replace the frame.

I have nothing against Glocks other than the fact that they don't fit my hand nearly as well as some other pistols. Every one I have ever fired has performed as expected. They are exceptionally reliable weapons, but I doubt I would ever buy one. If it's my money, I'm looking for fit as well as reliability. Though if I happen to be issued a Glock in the future, I'm sure I will be able to adapt to it and feel confident that it will perform if I ever need it to. You never know.... I just might become a Glock guy one of these days.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links