Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

This is a discussion on Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :( within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a G21 (3rd gen) and a G30 (3rd gen) as well as a G22 (2 gen). I have had nothing but good service ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

VIP Member

Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

I have a G21 (3rd gen) and a G30 (3rd gen) as well as a G22 (2 gen). I have had nothing but good service from these weapons and I don't plan to change them out, BUT, Glock's customer service is abismal.

I have a Surefire X300 rail-mounted weapon light that normally rides on the G21. Well, the G21 is off to BTC for a red dot, so I took the light off. When I tried to put it on the G30 for night duty, it was almost impossible to get on and worse to get off. I then tried the light on every other rail-equipped gun I have an it works fine with them. I had also noted earlier that the G30 will not fit into holsters that are broken in for the G21 as the G30 is too wide to get in and out without much effort.

So, I call Glock and get their tech service. The only thing the technician can do is keep repeating the party line that the holster and light are 3rd party equipment and Glock does not recommend the use of 3rd party equipment. We went over the fact that the specs are for each gun to be the same width and the rails should be the same width. He then simply keeps repeating the party line with the added info that the holster and light must be out of spec and I need to call their manufacturers. I finally hung up in frustration.

I like my Glocks, but that interchange has convinced me that I have all of their product that I need to have.

If you have the same set-up. Have you tried the light on the G30? How did it fit? I appreciate your input or that from others.
    Last edited by ksholder; November 19th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry to hear the phone-monkeys have ruined your enjoyment of a proven, reliable, effective weapon system.

To be fair, I think the customer support technicians at Glock probably don't get much oppertunity to interact with dissatisfied customers...
    gen3 and Ranger45 like this.

What did you expect a guy on the other end of the phone to do exactly? Just wondering?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    What did you expect them to do?

One of the reasons I bought a Glock 36 was I noticed holster manufacturers list the Glock 30 seperately because the slide, and maybe some other part as well, is fatter than other Glocks. At the store I tried a G30 in the holster I use for my 19 and 26 and it didn't fit. So I'm not at all surprised with the result you had.

Take the light to a store and see if it fits on a different Glock 30. If it fits on others, but not yours, you have some basis for claiming yours is defective. Otherwise, not sure what you expect them to do. It could be you just need to slick the rail a bit with some emery paper and it will slide on. Or not.

Fitch
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

JD
    Administrator

Re: Glock Has Sold Me The Last Glock I Will Ever Purchase :(

Is your 21 a SF model? If so it does have a different rail than the 30.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Why don't you pick another manufacturer of your choosing and tell them the same thing, and see what they say. I bet the conversation will be quite similar to the one you had with Glock.

Have you measured the Glock 30 next to the 21 with calipers?
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I have a gen3 30sf and 21sf,they both fit the same.As another has said if you have a sf model and a standard model perhaps that's the issue.If you measure pls post results

If I was dating a girl that I really liked, who was cute & cooked well, who liked shooting & fishing & knew college basketball, who's Mom was lean & pretty & even tempered, and who's Poppa had a big ol' pile of money, I don't think I would break-up with her because I had one bad phone conversation with her fat, ugly second cousin. I'm not a GLOCK fanboy, but I do regularly carry a G19. IMHO, you are going to miss them more than they...miss you.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Both the G21 & G30 are full size frame models - not SF.

As to what I expected them to say - Something other than, in effect - we never make a product that has issues - go screw yourself. I asked, and he could not provide the exact dimensions for the rail and frame below the rail - I could mic it and see if it was in spec. Given that it does not appear to be in spec, I expected to be able to send them some pics of the gun mic'ed and then see how we could solve the issue.

I did not expect them to say not to use any aftermarket items on their weapon- holster included. I did not expect them to - out of hand - say all issues are the fault of the maker of whatever you are using - especially when it is a well known and high quality brand.

I will continue to enjoy my weapons, they are not the problem. However, given Glock's demonstrated attitude, I think 3 is enough.

In effect, I am keeping the girl, just ditching contact with the second cousin.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Why don't you pick another manufacturer of your choosing and tell them the same thing, and see what they say. I bet the conversation will be quite similar to the one you had with Glock.
    Because all my other guns with rails work with the light - nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Have you measured the Glock 30 next to the 21 with calipers?
    Yes, the G30 is 0.02 wider than the G21 - overall. I have not measured the frame rails and it will be a while before I can as the G21 is getting enhanced at the present time.

Not a Glock drooler, although I do own two of em. I was going to say to check the G30 against it's G30SF brother, as the width difference may play into it, but looks like you already did that.
    I will agree that the rail should be universal. If I've got a LaRue, and i can't fit a tac light or BUIS on the rail, and their customer service tries to peddle me one of their products, I'd be pretty pissed as well. They make them universal for a reason-- so you can outfit it how YOU want to, not how they want to.
    Is it possible the guy you spoke to was relatively new? Honestly, the only things I've ever heard about Glock's customer service is excellence. If it was a new person, he may not have the mental fortitude that his peers do to answer your questions, and is simply reading from a cue card of answers.
    I like the idea of taking your light with your G30 into your local dealer and comparing between the two. If it fits theirs with little/no effort, you got yourself a lemon. I have no doubt Glock will replace at no charge.
    My only true beef with Glock is their no lead / no handload stance. It's a culpability cop out in my opinion. Doesn't mean I don't still shoot my SWC through my G19 and G30, but still it rubs me wrong a bit. Oh well, if that's the only problem with the gun, I'll keep blasting away with them.

As far as I'm concerned, lights don't need to be hanging off a gun anyway.

So send it to me, I don't need the light. You get rid of a gun that doesn't work for you, and I get one that I can make do anything that needs doing. Problem solved.
    gen3 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I doubt I have any Glocks in my future as well. Glock just doesn't seem to offer the "perfection" they used to...far too many BTF, extractor, ejector, and finish issues with their newer Gen 3 and Gen 4 models. From what I see on the various forums, it doesn't appear Glock is taking ownership of these issues either and aren't handling complaints to the benefit of the customer.

Normally I wouldn't put so much weight into what I read on the various forums but there is a worrying consistency to the customer service and performance complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    I doubt I have any Glocks in my future as well. Glock just doesn't seem to offer the "perfection" they used to...far too many BTF, extractor, ejector, and finish issues with their newer Gen 3 and Gen 4 models. From what I see on the various forums, it doesn't appear Glock is taking ownership of these issues either and aren't handling complaints to the benefit of the customer.

Normally I wouldn't put so much weight into what I read on the various forums but there is a worrying consistency to the customer service and performance complaints.
    yes, never buy a gun based on internet chatter. I bought Glocks long before there was an internet, and have never had a failure or issue of any kind.....so you see, its not the Glock that is the problem,
    but rather the internet BS that seems to grow like a mushroom cloud. Talk to people that own a few Glocks, and you will most likely get an entirely different story than you read on the
    internet forums where it is now in style to bash a Glock.....just like this ridiculous post. You can't get a light to fit your Glock, and that is somehow Glock's fault? Seriously? Haven't seen where
    you called Surefire and asked them to help with the issue.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

A few swipes with a couple pieces of sandpaper would likely solve the problem.
    Fisher10 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links