Traded my Kahr PM9 against an XDs (and a question) - Page 2

Traded my Kahr PM9 against an XDs (and a question)

This is a discussion on Traded my Kahr PM9 against an XDs (and a question) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SpringerXD I finally did it, and I'm thrilled! Nothing against the Kahr at all, but after comparing it side-by-side against the XDs, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Traded my Kahr PM9 against an XDs (and a question)

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I finally did it, and I'm thrilled! Nothing against the Kahr at all, but after comparing it side-by-side against the XDs, I had to make the deal. I was amazed at how closely they compare in size. Technically and officially, the PM9 is .90 inches wide, while the XDs is 1.0 inch. But holding them side by side, I could see ZERO physical difference in width. And, the XDs is maybe 1/3 inch longer than the PM9 and about a (metric) gnat's hair taller.

Here are the XDs advantages from where I sit:

Caliber: I would rather carry 5+1 in .45 ACP than 6+1 in 9mm. No caliber wars, please. This is my personal preference. I just feel better with a .45 than a 9mm.

Safeties: The XDs has the trigger safety and grip safety. Since I pocket carry this at home, I feel better having some semblance of manual safeties, neither of which I have to remember to disengage when needed. The Kahr has none.

Customer Service: Springfield sets the standard in firearms customer service. Not knocking Kahr because I've never dealt with them, but Springfield is the best.

Disassembly/Reassembly: The XDs, like my XD 45 Compact, is dirt simple to take apart and put back together. The Kahr takes a bit more effort. The XDs is so easy that even a liberal could do it.

I took her to the range Saturday because I always test a gun before carrying it. I put exactly 100 rounds of Remington JHP's across it. Completely flawless.

Also, I was actually shocked by the accuracy. My track record with polymer guns has been that I can usually hit the side of a barn, since I greatly prefer the 1911's trigger. But this little gun is very accurate in my hands, which I honestly didn't expect.

Now the question.... the one thing I miss about the Kahr is the night sights. Do any of you have night sights on your XDs? I have Trijicons on my 1911's and I really like them, but I also liked the larger dots on the Kahr, whatever brand they were.

So what night sights are recommended?
    I traded my XDs for a PM9(with night sights of course)......

good luck with yours LOL

sorry to dig up an old thread...but I currently own both the xds and the pm9. While on paper the xds doesn't appear that much bigger...and even comparing them side by side there isn't much difference...the WEIGHT of the xds is what disqualifies it from pocket carry for me and/or no-clip IWB (StickyHolster).....this is my primary form of carry when not in Jeans...which is pretty much all summer.

I am actually considering selling my xds..however I do love that little pistol so much I don't know if I will be able to part with it!

Re: Traded my Kahr PM9 against an XDs (and a question)

I very recently purchased a PM9 but am still interested in getting the XDs.

With NY's recent law change, my Glock 19 may be rendered useless. So I'm drawn to the XDs for its additional power for home defense, along with its concealment value, while still meeting the new mag capacity requirements.

But I'd keep both, btw. I love the Kahr although I've only just taken it through its first paces. 220 flawless rounds today, 5 different ammos. It shoots great and carries even better. Love it.

Traded my Kahr PM9 against an XDs (and a question)

I just don't shoot the kahr well and it is pretty close on size and weight to the xds anyways.

Ill take my 5+1 of .45 cap power

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk ... Possibly from the crapper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links